Question about 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
On the inside trim, you can remove screws (these screws may be covered by filler pieces or may be visible, or they may require you pry a plastic piece off that covers the screws) that are by the door handle, arm rest, under door and side of door and then gently pull back on the panel as there will also be retaining clips attached and you don't want to break them. You'll need to lift the door panel upwards in order to get it off the window ledge. Then you'll need to manipulate the panel and disconnect the door handle linkage from the door handle and disconnect the wiring for your controls.
Posted on Jul 20, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You'll need to remove screws that are by the door handle, arm rest, under door and side of door and then gently pull back on the panel as there will also be retaining clips attached and you don't want to break them. If needed, you can pull back the weather seal (can't reuse it, but it's not that important) and you will be able to access everything inside the door
Posted on Aug 14, 2009
SOURCE: driver side door panel removal
Generic instructions to remove door panels:
1. Remove the screw(s) in the trim behind the door release handle and remove the trim.
2. Look for the screws in the arm rest and remove. Remove the arm rest.
3. Look for other screws (possibly under caps) and remove them.
4. Insert a wide flat blade between the door panel and the door. Find the plastic tabs which hold the panel to the door and gently pry the panel away from the door. Make sure you work as close to these plastic tabs as possible to avoid ripping the panel.
5. Work your way around the door prying the tabs out of the door.
6. When everything is free, gently lift the door panel straight up and out of the door.
7. Disconnect the electrical wires, and you are done.
8. There is a vapor barrier between the door and panel which must be gently peeled out of the way in order for you to gain access to the window and door latch mechanisms.
Posted on Jan 20, 2010
Posted on Apr 03, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 14, 2014 | 1992 Chevrolet K1500
May 05, 2014 | 2003 Ford Expedition
Oct 24, 2013 | 2003 GMC Sierra
May 07, 2013 | 1991 Ford Thunderbird
Dec 16, 2012 | 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Aug 23, 2011 | Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Cars & Trucks
May 31, 2010 | Lincoln Town Car Cars & Trucks
May 03, 2009 | 2003 GMC Yukon XL
Mar 31, 2009 | 2001 Cadillac Sts
Oct 11, 2008 | 2000 Lexus LX470
109 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: