Question about 2004 Dodge Stratus
U have to operate the engine at all kinds of diff speeds and drive modes, it is called a OBDII drive cycle, here is how u do one.
1. As soon as the engine starts, idle the engine in drive for two and a half minutes with the A/C and rear defrost on. OBDII checks oxygen sensor heater circuits, air pump and EVAP purge.
2. Turn the A/C and rear defrost off, and accelerate to 55 mph at half throttle. OBDII checks for ignition misfire, fuel trim and canister purge.
3. Hold at a steady state speed of 55 mph for three minutes.
OBDII monitors EGR, air pump, O2 sensors and canister purge.
4. Decelerate (coast down) to 20 mph without braking or depressing the clutch. OBDII checks EGR and purge functions.
5. Accelerate back to 55 to 60 mph at half throttle. OBDII checks misfire, fuel trim and purge again.
6. Hold at a steady speed of 55 to 60 mph for five minutes.
OBDII monitors catalytic converter efficiency, misfire, EGR, fuel trim, oxygen sensors and purge functions.
7. Decelerate (coast down) to a stop without braking. OBDII makes a final check of EGR and canister purge
Posted on Jun 02, 2010
I have sometimes had to drive Chrysler/Dodge vehicles for 70 miles or more before the monitors, or "flags" will reset, and one time a Grand Cherokee took 90 miles to reset the monitors in the OBD-II system.
Posted on Jun 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 23, 2014 | 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Sep 22, 2014 | 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier
Jan 22, 2014 | 1995 Acura Legend
Apr 01, 2011 | 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Mar 10, 2010 | 2003 Volkswagen Golf
Feb 03, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Colorado
Aug 08, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Stratus
Jan 23, 2009 | 2000 Saturn SL
1,650 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: