Question about 1998 GMC Sierra
you should be able to look around the door panel and there should be a couple of screws hold it to the door then you will have to remove the door handle cover and pry the panel away from the door and this should give you access to the regulator remove panel from bottom first...hope this helps you out please leave a review thank you sincerly david
Posted on Jun 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 04, 2014 | 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1. Remove the watershield. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/WATERSHIELD - REMOVAL)
2. Remove door glass retaining clips and secure the window in the up position using masking tape or equivalent(FRONT DOOR GLASS CLIPS).
3. Disconnect wire connector from power window motor, if equipped.
4. Loosen screws attaching front and rear window guide rails to inner door panel (FRONT DOOR MANUAL WINDOW REGULATOR - TYPICAL).
5. Remove screw heads on guide rails from key hole slots in inner door panel.
6. Loosen screws attaching regulator to inner door panel.
7. Remove regulator from inner door panel.
8. Extract rear guide rail through inner door panel rear access hole (FRONT DOOR POWER WINDOW - TYPICAL).
9. Extract front guide rail through front access hole.
1. Insert front guide rail through front access hole.
2. Insert rear guide rail through rear access hole.
3. Place window regulator in position on inner door panel.
4. Place screw heads on guide rails in position through key hole slots in inner door panel.
5. Tighten screws to attach front and rear guide rails to inner door panel.
6. Connect wire connector into power window motor, if equipped.
7. Install door glass.
8. Verify door glass alignment and operation.
9. Install sound shield and door trim panel
DIAGRAMS CAN BE FOUND ON JUSTANSWER,COM
Sep 02, 2012 | 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jul 18, 2012 | 1997 Toyota Camry
Jul 30, 2011 | 1999 Oldsmobile Alero
Apr 28, 2011 | 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Mar 18, 2010 | 1995 Buick Riviera
Oct 26, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Durango
Oct 06, 2009 | 1980 Chevrolet Corvette
Feb 23, 2009 | 2001 Ford Explorer
Sep 18, 2017 | 1998 GMC Sierra
63 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!