Question about 2006 Volkswagen Passat
2006 vw passat 2.0t...license plate lights not working, replaced both lights and still not working. i checked my manual but it does not show a fuse for license plate lights. i just purchased this vehicle and i do not know if i have a missing fuse , please help?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: VW Passat 2006 service now
2 options depending on your displays .
Press and hold the service wrench button with the ignition off. While still holding the button, turn your ignition to "on" (but don't start the car). Press the Min clock button and then release the wrench button.
With key off press and hold the 0.0 button on the cluster. With your other hand turn the key to the on position , while still holding 0.0 button, press the minute button for 1 second and you will see the service reset.
Posted on Jan 10, 2009
try autozone.com to see if they have your car listed for diagrams pictures and step by step instructions if your car is not listed then try your local library they have all the car manuals and even copy them for you
Posted on Mar 20, 2009
The licence plate lights are in the same line as your tail light wiring assembly. I assume your tail lights are working or you would have got a ticket for that. The wire is either cut, broken or unhooked from the tail light wires (which usually are brown). If you can not find the problem, you can always run a new wire to the tail light wire from your licence plate wire. Then they should work.
Your other problem is that the license plate ground is rusty & not grounding, which would also not let them work, so you should probably check that first. Rick
Posted on Apr 14, 2009
SOURCE: I need the fuse box
08. [05A] HID level, telephone
12. [10A] B+ (battery voltage positive) for OBD
16. [05A] Open
20. [15A] Right headlight, low beam
05. [10A] Instruments, heated seats, cruise test plug, AC
09. [10A] Open
13. [10A] Brake lights
17. [10A] Navigation
21. [15A] Left headlight, low beam
01. [05A] Heated washer nozzle
03. [05A] Light for glove box, AC, selector lever
06. [05A] Control module comfort system
10. [05A] CD changer
14. [10A] Comfort system
18. [10A] Right headlight, high beam
22. [05A] Parking light, right
02. [10A] Turn signal system
04. [05A] License plate light
07. [10A] ABS
11. [05A] Cruise control (for automatic)
15. [10A] Instruments (for automatic)
19. [10A] Left headlight, high beam
23. [05A] Parking light, left
24. [25A] Wiper system
31. [15A] Back up lights, cruise control (automatic transmission)
38. [15A] Comfort system
25. [30A] Fresh air blower, recirculation control, AC
32. [20A] Engine control
39. [15A] Emergency flasher system
26. [30A] Rear window defogger
33. [15A] Cigarette lighter, front
40. [25A] Dual horn
27. [15A] Rear window wiper system
34. [15A] Engine control, injectors
41. [25A] Open
28. [15A] Fuel pump
35. [30A] Trailer socket
42. [25A] Open
29. [20A] Engine control
36. [15A] Fog lights
43. [00A] Open
30. [20A] Sunroof
37. [20A] Radio system, telephone
44. [30A] Heated seats
Location are marked on the fuse panel.. May need a flashlight to see them,
Mug SHot Collection
Posted on May 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2011 | 2006 Volkswagen Passat
Feb 18, 2011 | 2006 Volkswagen Passat
Oct 08, 2010 | 2001 Volkswagen Passat
Sep 17, 2010 | 2006 Volkswagen Passat
May 13, 2010 | 2001 Volkswagen new Passat
Dec 24, 2009 | 2006 Volkswagen Passat
Dec 22, 2009 | 2006 Volkswagen Passat
Nov 10, 2009 | 2006 Volkswagen Passat
Nov 10, 2009 | 2006 Volkswagen Passat
Jul 20, 2009 | 2006 Volkswagen Passat
712 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!