Question about 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe
I have a Hyundai Santa Fe 2001, 2.4 L.
Its AC compressor was damaged and I bought a new one. I want to replace the new one. I want to do it myself. Would you please help me with answering to these questions?
My questions are:
How much oil should I charge the compressor?
How can I find the procedure for replacing the compressor? I want do that myself.
First here are some must do's
1, take pictures before you start and during removeal so you know where everything goes, don't rely on your memory it won't work.
2. You must make sure to keep the openings covered so there is no moisture drawn into the system.
3. You will have to flush the system backwards with refrigerant flushing compound bought at any auto parts store.
4. you will have to replace the reciver dryer or accumalator as well if you don't you will waste time and money.
5. if you don't have a vachum pump you will have to take it to a shop to get it pumped down before rechargeing or it won't get cold.
6. If you want a good guide go to http://www.alldata.com and get a subscription for your car and read all information on AC system.
Posted on May 30, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on Oct 24, 2013 | Hyundai Cars & Trucks
Mar 20, 2012 | 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe
Dec 11, 2011 | 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe
Sep 01, 2011 | 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe
Aug 08, 2011 | 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe
Aug 03, 2011 | 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe
Oct 01, 2009 | 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe
Sep 24, 2009 | 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe
Jul 16, 2008 | 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe
Nov 23, 2016 | 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe
815 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!