Question about 1999 Ford Taurus
If your AC system is empty...The condenser is in front of the radiator.
1. Use ramps or jacks or a lift to raise the car so you can work under it.
2. remove the splash guard under the radiator.
3. Remove the bolts holding the tranmission cooling lines. These also may also hold the bottom of the condenser on the AC line side. Move the cooling lines away from the AC lines.
4. Remove the nuts holding the AC lines to the condenser. You may have to hold the fittings with a vise wrench to prevent bending the pipes.
5. Remove the other lower condenser bolt and use the access holes to remove the top bolts holding the condenser.
6. Lower the condenser out.
Reverse procedure to install the new condenser.
If you have the correct tools, this is a fairly easy job.
Posted on Aug 17, 2012
DEALERSHIP FIX THEY HAVE TO RECOVER DISCHARGE REFRIGERANT FROM AC SYSTEM.THEN REMOVE THE CONDENSOR. PUT IN NEW CONDENSOR THEN PUMP DOWN THE SYSTEM WITH A VACUUM PUMP TO PULL OUT MOISTURE AND CHECK FOR LEAKS.THEN AC SYSTEM IS RECHARGED.ANY KIND OF AC WORK YOU NEED EQUIPMENT TO WORK ON IT.
Posted on May 28, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2011 | 2002 Ford Taurus
Jul 21, 2011 | 1998 Volvo S70
May 09, 2011 | 2001 Ford Taurus
Recover ac refri. remove ac condensor,drain radiator,remove both rad. hoses only radiator will lift out of cradle and pivot enough too access alt. dismounting bolts , hoses, and alt will come out with slight tugging past fan shroud & body frame. Sorry No Pictures & would recomend pricing alt hoses at this time.
Nov 30, 2010 | 1999 Cadillac DeVille
Jul 26, 2010 | 2001 Ford Taurus
Jul 21, 2009 | 2003 Ford Taurus
Jun 30, 2009 | 1999 Ford Taurus
Jul 21, 2008 | 1999 GMC Yukon
433 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: