Question about 1995 Honda Accord

2 Answers

My question is pretty simple.. when refilling power steering fluid what is the cap called b/c i lost mine and can't find out how to order another one...makes for a greasy mess. 95' Honda Accord - and if anyone know where i can get a replacement i would appreaciate it. thanks :)

Posted by on


2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 23 Answers

The answer is very simple, too. It is called "Cap, Oil Tank" by Honda.

Posted on Jun 06, 2010

  • John Jun 06, 2010

    Honda part number is 53697-SB3-952 and the dealer list price is, get this, 0.98. Less than a dollar, such a deal. This cap is smaller than most and may not be available at an auto parts store but for less than a dollar, go to the Honda Dealer.


  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 285 Answers

Its simply called a power steering resivoir cap,you should be able to pick one up at any parts store or have them order it in for you.hope this helps

Posted on May 27, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Power steering filter

drain the fluid at the large 24mm nut just crack it open and drain the fluid . then close the nut refill with power steering fluid .then bleed it with your cap off. turn full lock left and right a few times .than refit the cap.

Dec 28, 2013 | Hyundai Elantra Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How do i add power steering fluid to a 2005 mercedes benz ml350?

most parts stores for foriegn cars will advise you on this, but in my experience the pump/reservoir assembly may have either a cap on it or it may use a reservoir mounted on the firewall or either side that looks like a slave cylinder reservoir. it should be marked somewhere for power steering only..this reservoir may have a cap thats removeable and the full line will be visible on the outside of it, with power steering fluid only, fill to exrteme cases, there is a hose that comes up to a cap somewhere(usually these types of refill setups are rare because it confuses the owner)where the fluid gets added, I have seen so many different styles of refil setups, so it just depends on which is used by the manufacturer of the careful not to mix fluids as this will not help your situation..brake fluid wont mix with power steering fluid so just be warned..

Jan 13, 2013 | 2005 Mercedes-Benz ML 350

1 Answer

Black power steering fluid

Power steering fluid has not been changed in eons, i suggest draining the fluid, refilling with a cheap fresh fluid, then bleed the system by turning the wheels from lock to lock a few times with the cap of the steering fluid master cylinder off, then drain the system again & refill with good quality power steering fluid - it should be pink & smell sweet, - the power steering fluid that is!!

Sep 13, 2012 | 1998 Ford Windstar

2 Answers

Power steering fluid leaking

It could be something as simple as replacing the cap. I had the gaskests go out and had to replace the whole power steering unit itself. The first step is to figure out where the leak is coming from. Check the hoses, pump and power steering unit. and that will tell you what needs replaced or tightened.

May 01, 2012 | 1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

1 Answer

Where is the power steering valve, to refill the power steering fluid in a 1997 olds88

Go to the passenger side of the car, look into the back of the engine, you should see the power steering fluid cap.

Dec 06, 2010 | 1997 Oldsmobile 88

1 Answer

Power steering fluid in '04 chevy impala

i have an impala Ls 3.8 liter and (not sure about the 3.4 liter) but mine is located in the back of the engine near the middle. and get a long thin funnel because its down a little ways.

Feb 16, 2010 | 2004 Chevrolet Impala

2 Answers

I lost my steering power

did you chek the serpentin belt? or the power steering fluid level, look for a leaks and finally power steering pump damage,

Nov 24, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Impala

1 Answer

I need to refill my power steering fluid and I do not know where to put it

u will see a container tub with black or red caps in the engine bay somewhere and read wat is say on top the cap ,is usally say power steering fluid or got a steering wheel picture on cap is either

Nov 05, 2009 | 1997 Mazda MPV

1 Answer

67 mustang GTA steering problem


Oct 04, 2008 | 1966 Ford Mustang

Not finding what you are looking for?
1995 Honda Accord Logo

Related Topics:

64 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Honda Experts


Level 3 Expert

78267 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Kevin Daniels

Level 3 Expert

1455 Answers

Are you a Honda Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides