Question about 1995 Jaguar XJ-R
Hello, I have a 1995 XJR 4.0 liter with 160,000 km on the clock. The car runs great most of the time.... Every once in a while it will just start to idle rough and then shuts down. this happens while I'm driving but most of the time when I am stopped at a traffic signal and am pulling away. I get an immediate battery light and nothing else. 90% of the time the car will restart right away and I can drive off normally. The other 10% of the time I have to wait 20 minutes or so and restart the car. My local Jag mechanic has replaced both O2 sensors and the crankshaft position sensor as this was documented somewhere as causing similar problems. I love the car as it is my daily driver but the reliability thing is starting to wear me down...
Cheers, Jeff in Alberta Canada.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2016 | 1995 Jaguar XJ6
Apr 22, 2014 | 2004 Jaguar XJR-Series
Nov 16, 2012 | 2004 Jaguar XJR-Series
Jan 27, 2012 | 2004 Jaguar XJR-Series
Mar 11, 2010 | 1995 Jaguar XJ6
Jun 23, 2009 | 2004 Jaguar XJR-Series
Jun 18, 2009 | 2004 Jaguar XJR-Series
Jun 17, 2009 | 1995 Dodge Neon
Jan 11, 2009 | 1995 Jaguar XJ6
Jul 26, 2011 | 1995 Jaguar XJ-R
Jul 13, 2011 | 1995 Jaguar XJ-R
361 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: