Question about 1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT

1 Answer

The whole engine got "tied up" is the exact words of the mechanic? what should i do???

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 8 Answers

Get a second opinion, he don't sound too technical

Posted on May 27, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

The ecm is giving error code p0273

Unfortunately I don't know anything about your car. The only thing I can think of Cars have always been design for budget costs and for the assembly line at the factory. This means there were assemblers who assembled your car including the modules in place. Provided you know someone these people experiences can be quite helpful. However, next best thing I can think of is to write to the car maker the exact words you typed. Or the next best thing to that auto mechanics/auto electricians. The next best to that is the internet like you tied here I'm sure there is repair web pages or technical information on your specific model. Try YouTube using the key words that would be appropriate and the name and model of your vehicle.
The next best thing could be libraries that have workshop manuals of your particular model. There are various publishers available including the specific model of your vehicle, that has a wealth of technical information I'm sure I'm not a wear of for your vehicle.
There are handy specific electrical and fuel diagnosis reference manuals that can be helpful too. Other than those suggestions my extensive knowledge is very limited.

Jan 27, 2015 | 2003 Hyundai Tiburon

1 Answer

How to full out the whole drive steering

You will need to take it out Piece by piece. Steering Column has both mechanical and electrical components.

Rack and Pinion, Tie Rods, Everything ...

Waht are you trying to do?

Apr 08, 2013 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Both inner tie rods r bad on my 2002 ford taurus.. i would like to try and replace them myself and save a few bucks.... i'm not too mechanically inclined, any help would be appreciated

The inner tie rod end is attached to the steering "rack". It doesn't take any "special" tools but since the steering rack is attached at the rear of the engine compartment, it is extremely awkward to do. I would recommend this job be taken to a shop that you trust. It is not that hard to mess up the steering rack with the wrong tools and then you have to replace the whole steering rack.

Jun 28, 2011 | Ford Taurus Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Replaced the tie rod ends and the stearing wheel will not lock,

DId you leave steering wheel centered when you did repair?
Is trnsmission lever fully in park?

Jul 03, 2010 | 2002 Buick Regal

3 Answers

Can someone tell me what Tie Rod Ends are? I've been told by my mechanic that I need to replace them. Why does the car need to be realigned when I get this service?

The tie rod is part of the steering mechanism. If you replace these they will not be exactly the same as the old ones which may have changed shape over time etc... Here is a very good site for info relating to your car and helps with all the technical stuff...

Apr 23, 2010 | 1992 Ford Explorer

3 Answers

Can i replace a tie rod {inner} on a 94 ford mustang , drivers side without taking off rack and pinion. I need to get a roll pin off the inner tie rod and thats the problem it looks pressed in not set...

Real simple, assuming you know how to take the outer tie rods off. You have to take the clip that holds the plastic boot on off, then slide back the plastic boot, and you'll be able to unscrew the whole inner tie rod assembly. The hardest part of the whole process is installing the new ones to the exact settings of the old ones

Mar 13, 2010 | 1994 Ford Mustang

2 Answers

How do i change my tie rods. is it something that i can do

You can probably do it ... but then ... can you do an alignment? Probably not. Let the mechanic do the whole job.

Thanks for your interest in

Feb 05, 2010 | 2001 Dodge Dakota

1 Answer

Excessive steering play.

Yes it could be all of those and more. But, only an inspection by a mechanic with the car up on a lift will tell you.

Nov 22, 2009 | 1987 Chrysler Fifth Avenue

2 Answers


Those codes are tied into the transmission and odds are your transmission is not shift properly because it's detected a fault.

P0751- the solenoid should be located under the side cover assembly on the driver's side of the transmission. You may have a short in one of the wires and or a bad connection with the harness. This is probably going to run around $500 and up.

Sep 11, 2009 | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

Not finding what you are looking for?
1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT Logo

Related Topics:

474 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Pontiac Experts


Level 3 Expert

78919 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Jeffrey Turcotte
Jeffrey Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8836 Answers

Are you a Pontiac Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides