Question about 1999 Dodge Ram

1 Answer

1999 Dodge Ram, Automatic transmission. I am replacing the gov. pressure sensor in the tranny.. any help as to the location?

Posted by on


1 Answer

Buy an ATSG Manual for your trans ,at a wholesale trans parts warehouse. They are excellent and saves you getting an expensive shop manual. They are used by the trans shop rebuilders. Don't cost a lot.
They have a web site also. Just put in ATSG

Posted on May 26, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

1999 dodge ram pick up transmission wont shift out of second gear

any codes in diagnostics? was pump checked for proper pressure?

Jan 10, 2013 | 1999 Dodge Ram

1 Answer

I own a 1998 4x4 dodge ram 1500. The transmission burned up earlier this year. I bought what I thought was a tranny from the same year and model truck, but come to find out, it came ouf of a 1999 dodge ram...

First find out if the transmissions are interchangeable. Check with the dealership or a salvage yard could check through their interchange data base.

Jan 02, 2013 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I have a 1999 dodge ram with an automatic transmission. When the truck is first started the transmission runs fine, but when it warms up the transmission starts slipping in drive and overdrive. 1st and...

Have you replaced the transmission filter and fluid yet,
if your transmission works ok until it heats up,your transmission external cooler may be plugging up getting the transmission fluid to hot and not cooling it at all.It is located in front of your A/C and can replace it with an after market one or have it flushed.
and you might want to put in an additive for the transmission made my Lucas.

Dec 16, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Ram

1 Answer

99 dodge ram 5.9 4x4. im having a late shift problem doesnt happen all the time.already changed the fluid and filter.also already check tv cable its good.

the first thing to due is have it scanned if no codes are present drive with the data sceen up watching the govenor pressure and output sensor. somtimes gov.pressure seleniod or gov. transducer will cause late upshifts and not throw codes.a weak output sensor will due the same

Nov 23, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Ram

1 Answer

1998 Dodge RAM 1500 won't upshift, slips out of gear

have you dropped the pan to see whats the bands are set at, any debris in pan bottom, whats your governor pressure, if bands are ok, but gov pressures are not relative to speed 1 psi per mph up to 95-127psi, port is on pass side of case rear top right, scan tool would be very helpful, your must have mil light on for this problem, gov dtc's, replace gov transducer as gov solniod as a pair, no exceptions, also are there any 02 sensor dtc's, shorted to voltage, this wil make pcm do stupid things to trans shift, affecting gov signals. GOOD LUCK RDJRP

Jul 10, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Ram

1 Answer

I need to replace the transmission speed sensor

usually they are at the back of the tranny with a 2 wire plugin and one bolt holding it in...if not it may be part of your rear ABS sensor in your rear you have any codes about ABS

Jun 14, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Ram

1 Answer

Where is the reverse light switch on a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 with automatic transmission located?

Look on the gearshift lever. You will have remove the cover to get to it.

May 08, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Ram

2 Answers

Transmission does not always shift into overdrive

Governor pressure sensor or solenoid is going bad. To replace them drop the tranny pan, remove the filter , and the parts are pretty ez to get to. These aren't cheep thou, but replace them as a set. Parts will probly run about $200.

Jan 19, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Ram

1 Answer

1999 dodge ram 1500 transmission

yeah u just have to take the gear box out and replace it with the tranny sefter inside your 24 latterool swithch that with your back differential transfercaes and screw some nut and bolt some screws and then go to a transmission park slide down the slide and wait your turn to swing the clutch bering and b4 you know it youll be shifting into 1st geeer

Dec 04, 2008 | 1999 Dodge Ram

Not finding what you are looking for?
1999 Dodge Ram Logo

Related Topics:

228 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dodge Experts


Level 3 Expert

76673 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22219 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8531 Answers

Are you a Dodge Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides