Got engine management sign on (yellow one), so booked it to garage. However before I could get there I lost power and engine sounded like I had a small hole in the manifold area, checked exhaust at kwick fit then called AA.He was convinced I had flooded engine as it just wouldn’t start although it would crank, he checked coils and plugs and tried to clear cylinder of fuel, then plugged it in to the pc, it showed misfire on 1 and 4 cylinders I think,also a sensor error could that be crank or cam shaft.it is now in an mot station (non bmw)who are a bit lost with it and are going to replace two sensors however I could still have this problem any help on this would be great thanks Brian
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
**** >>> This setup I performed with my new 2010 BMW 528XI Garage Door Homelink and Chamberlain Garage Door Opener <<< ****
Chamberlain: 01. Power off or unplug the garage door opener motor power supply (which is mounted on ceiling of the garage) ;;;
02. keep the garage door opener transmitter in your hand (do not press any button at this time) ;;;
03. In your 2010 BMW 528XI Homelink button (which resides under rear view mirror) press the 1st and 3rd homelink button together for about 30-40 seconds (i.e., until the yellow light blinks fast) and when the yellow light next to the homelink button blinks fast release from pressing the (homelink) buttons ;;;
04. now hold the garage door opener transmitter closer (means within 2-4 inches) to the homelink button (either 1st or 2nd or 3rd) whichever you are planning to program to open the garage door ;;;
05. now press the garage door opener transmitter button and chosen homelink button (either 1st or 2nd or 3rd whatever you need) together ;;;
06. the yellow light (next to homelink button) initially may blink slowly but after few seconds (may be 10-20 seconds) will blink fast; once it started blinking fast release from pressing both garage door opener transmitter and homelink button ;;;
07. Now plug or power on the main garage door opener motor (which is mounted on garage ceiling) ;;;
08. On the main garage door opener motor (which is mounted on garage ceiling) press the "LEARN" button (once you press it may have yellow/orange color light; make sure the light is on) ; then within 30 seconds do the next steps #9, #10, #11 very carefully ;;;
09. go to your car and press the homelink button you programmed and hold it for 4 seconds and then release it --> 1st iteration ;;;
10. again hold the same homelink button you programmed and hold it for 4 seconds and then release it --> 2nd iteration ;;;
11. again hold the same homelink button you programmed and hold it for 4 seconds and then release it --> 3rd iteration ** important note; generally three iterations are not necessary; and steps #9, #10, #11 must be performed within 30 seconds ** ;;;
12. during one of the iteration you will hear "CLICK" sound one-time from Garage door motor (which is mounted on ceiling) and if you have light attached with it; it will blink once (** if you hear the CLICK sound and/or light blinks once**) then the particular homelink button is programmed ;;;
13. now press the programmed homelink button; the garage door will open or close (but always it will take 3 or 4 blinks in yellow light or 2-3 seconds before the garage door opens or closes and which is normal) ;;;
** Thats it, your 2010 BMW 528XI Garage Door Opener Homelink setup is complete ** ;;;
You can program rest of the homelink button the same way but following from the steps between #4 and #13 ;;;
Hope this steps will help you to program chamberlain Garage door opener in 2010 BMW 528XI Homelink. ;;;
** possibly the above same steps may work with other BMW 5-series cars homelink too (but I'm not sure) **
The timing belt is crucial. And a broken belt can cause bent valves and serious engine damage. Since you state that the belt tensioner was replaced, was the timing belt replaced as well? I assume you have a warranty, and I highly recommend you use it. A new noise coming from where a major repair was just completed is never a good sign.
Hi sounds like the same problem I had crankshaft sensor my battery light came on and the engine would cut out sometimes would start straight away other times took 5mins to start again.
But would get a garage to check fault codes costs about 40pound but could save you 100's as it may be a faulty alternator/battery.
hmm your car has a problem with theft sistem or one of your theft modules is going out or wireing problem most likely some how you activeated your theft sistem only the dealer can help you on that they have to erase code and reprogram it othereby me saying modules i mean them antena on your colom your key or the theft module hope this helps im a auto repair mechanic no shop can help you ok
If u hear the engine cranking in the AM, the batt & alt sound good. If you don't get any engine cranking in the am you may have an electrical short draining the battery. Before u convict the starter u must make sure the battery has full power in the AM. (12V) & 12 V to the starter
Timing - engine is not sounding right or back firing. Head gasket - water and oil mixing, see inside water bottle. or open bottle. rev engine when cold, if starts spitting water out while cold like a fountain. Water pump - Water leaking from side of engine. or when car started and water bottle is open and no circulation is visible could be signs of water pump Remember - Block radiator lines can also cause over heating problems and lack of water circulation.
No it won't, You need two books. Haynes and a BMW owner manual. between the two you can get a fuse diagram and what each one goes to. But............it takes two books! gotta love those aryan engineers.
hi after reading your problem i gather the water pump blew you lost water the car overheated you say it had a brand new cylinder head and the cars still losing water and causing it to overheat and the garage say its the same problem as before yet they won,t do the job because it needs a bottom end ;engine block] so why when they had the head off was this not checked for level and signs of cracking . to be fair to the garage it something that is often overlooked . but that said if this is the problem that occured after three days of buying you are entitled to have the work gaurenteed for 12 months unless otherwise stated i can see there warrenty company won,t want to pay for it as they already paid the garage to do the job [CORRECTLY] the garage had no right to sell a faulty car in the first place and secondly they have been paid by your warrenty company to repair it it is not the warrentys companys fault the garage didnt do what was required in the first place but its not yours either so i would read what your warrenty agreement is and see if it states they won,t pay twice for the same job if not phone them up tell them the only reason you bought the car is because of the warrenty and it is not your fault the job was done properly in the first place and expect the car to be repaired as it should have been in the first place and its up to them and the garage to decide which one of them pays tell them what the garage mechanic said about its allright to drive and i have no idea what book tells you to ignore warning lights but should be shot then go to the garage tell them you want it putting right and you don,t care wheather its under warrenty or the garages oblgation not sell defective vechicles it is up to the garage to put it right or give you your money back if the problem arises within a reasonable amount of time usually seven days tell them to put it in writing if they refuse to do the job if they refuse get a wittness to this and tell them it needs puting right and will be taking to another garage getting it repaired and am giving you the first chance to repair it as stated in law then the bill will forwarded to them an have you took finance out on it or did you pay cash if finance phone them up tell them the problems your having and are going to stop payments until the car is fixed REMEMBER THE GARAGE DEPENDS ON THE FINANCE AND WARRENTY COMPANYS THEY WILL NOT WANT TROUBLE FROM THEM BECAUSE THEY WITH DRAW THERE BACKING THE GARAGE WON,T SELL THER CARS HENCE OUT OF WORK i bet your a newcastle supporter as well with this kind of luck if you let them get away with it your as daft as a brush find out where to report the garage i think it is the office of fair trading and if they won,t bend i will be amazed yates210456