Question about 2008 Chrysler Town & Country

1 Answer

How do you replace rear brakes 2008 town and country . how do you push the rear brake cylinder back to install the new brake pad

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

You can use a needle nose pliers to ratchet the piston in turn to the right or you can buy the specialized tool which cost about ten dollars. there are two fittings on the piston that you use to turn it.

Posted on Jan 15, 2011

  • jose beltran
    jose beltran Nov 07, 2013

    thank you for your help



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Master cylinder replaced and still no brakes

Did you bleed the master cyclinder before installing it?

Aug 30, 2012 | 1998 Chrysler Town & Country

1 Answer

What is required to let the piston to be pressed back into the rear caliper to have clearance for new disks ?? 2008 Town & Country Limited ...

Need a tool, to turn the parking brake adjuster,
as you push piston in

If you open bleeder valve, it will be easier

You have to flush brakes on all vehicles,
every 2 years anyway

Mar 22, 2011 | 2008 Chrysler Town & Country

1 Answer

I replaced the rear pads and rotors.I screwed the pistons all the way in to get the pads on. Now I have a soft pedal and was told I needed to adjust the piston back out a little bit but I cant figure how...

soft pedal usually indicates air in the system. when you put it all back together and applied the brakes did you check to see if the brake fluid in the master cylinder was topped up with brake fluid ?. it would appear that the system needs to be bled. check for leaks as well and it is possible you may have damaged the pistons in the calipers when you pushed them in to make room for the pads.

Nov 03, 2010 | 2008 Chrysler Town & Country

2 Answers

How do you change the brakes on a 2004 chrysler town and country and where can you get the brakes for cheap?

Tools you may need: New Brake Pads, Jack and Jack Stands, Lug Wrench, Large Phillips Head Screwdri
Click on the link above for a few tips on how to start this job. Cheep parts can be found at any auto part store just ask for the lowest cost replacement pads and shoes they have. The front pads wear about 2x times faster than the rear shoes. So other than looking at them (rear shoes) I would just advise you to go for the front pads.

Aug 22, 2010 | 2004 Chrysler Town & Country

1 Answer

After driving my 2008 t&c for about 10 minutes (city) squealing from right rear occurs. Sounds like metal on metal. Depressing brakes makes sound go away. Pads appear to be fine.

because your rear pads are locked on when you use the parking brake,the squeel is dust on the rotors/pads,so when you press pedal,dust goes,
You did put anti squeel grease on the back of the pads when you replaced them, didnt you???SO simple.

Jun 15, 2010 | 2008 Chrysler Town & Country

1 Answer

What is the best way to compress my 2008 Town & Country brake caliper? It doesn't seem to move when I use a c - clamp.

Open the bleeder valve,put an old brake pad across piston,and use clamp.
Remove some fluid from master cylinder,in case you push it back and over flow it.

May 21, 2010 | Cars & Trucks

3 Answers

How do you compress the caliper on a 2008 town & Country?

2008 Chrysler Town and Country
Replacing the Rear Brake Pads

Process is typical except for the rotating (screw type) brake piston. You cannot just compress the brake piston with a C-clamp, you have to turn the piston back in. This is easily done with the correct tool (Rear Disc Brake Piston Tool). The tool I had needed to be slightly modified to fit Chrysler's pattern.

Most Auto Parts store like Auto Zone and Parts Source will have the tools for lone or you can buy the tool and keep it in your tool box and the price ranges from $12.00 to $50.00 depending on the brake tool as to universal or specific to the vehicle make. Good luck and keep me posted.

Nov 08, 2009 | 2008 Chrysler Town & Country

2 Answers

Two more cases of 2008 town and country brake wear

Dodge, Plymouth, and Chrysler minivans are notorious for poor longevity of the front brake pads. Also, the low friction material "squeel" tabs are none to brake off or just not do the job they are meant to do. That is why people end up haveing to replace their rotors. I am an ASE certified mechanic with just under 15 years of experience. I tell all my customers with Chrysler minivan products to have their brakes at least once a year to avoid costly repair bills. If you can catch your brake pads before they start grinding into the rotors that's an expense everyone can afford to not have.

Sep 28, 2009 | 2008 Chrysler Town & Country

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

1,853 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Chrysler Experts


Level 3 Expert

76846 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22246 Answers

Jeffrey Turcotte
Jeffrey Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8557 Answers

Are you a Chrysler Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides