Question about 1996 Cadillac Eldorado
To check the computer for CODES:
1. Ignition switch ON. Engine OFF
2. Simultaneously push and hold the OFF and WARMER buttons on the climate control panel for 3 seconds and release them
3. See if you get codes such as AC1347 or AC1348 or some other LETTER/NUMBER combination display on the fuel data display along with HISTORY or CURRENT with each code or codes that display...
- AC1312 = AC high side temp sensor has an open circuit.
- AC1314 = Evaporator inlet temp sensor has an open circuit.
- AC1348 = Very low AC refrigerant condition.
Try addind about 1/2 can of freon to the system and see if the compressor engages. If not, you will need to perform some diagnostic tests on the above codes. I can e-mail you the pictures and directives on how to fix the codes, But first you need to clear (ERASE) the codes from the computer and see which codes return as current or history codes which should display just after each code.
4. After the code or codes display you will see PCM?
5. Turn ignition OFF.
To clear the codes:
1. Re-enetr diagnostics like you did before and when you see PCM?
2. Push and release the LO button and you will see IPC?.
3. Push and release the LO button and you will see ACM?.
4. Push and release the HI button and you will see ACM CODES?
5. Push and release the LO button and you will see ACM CLEAR CODES?
6. Push and release the HI button and you will see ACM CODES CLEAR.
7. Turn OFF ignition key and wait 2 minutes and re-enter diagnostics like I told you in the previous e-mail and let me know what codes appear and if they are CURRENT or HISTORY.
Posted on May 26, 2010
My car sat for two years, and before it did i never had an ac problem. when i got the car running again my ac started not working so i took it to the shop to get the freon recharged. so the next day i was driving and decided to turn it on and the ac didnt work and all of the freon leacked out. i took it to two difffernt shops and they couldnt find the problem. i also put the uv detector and still no sign of the leak. any soulutions?
Posted on Jul 09, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 20, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 26, 2015 | Cadillac Cars & Trucks
Mar 05, 2014 | 1996 Audi A4
Dec 20, 2012 | 1996 Honda Accord
Jan 23, 2011 | 1996 Cadillac DeVille
Jul 10, 2010 | 1996 Cadillac DeVille
Jun 12, 2010 | 1995 Cadillac DeVille
May 05, 2009 | 1996 Cadillac DeVille
May 14, 2008 | 2006 Cadillac Escalade Esv
551 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: