Question about 2001 Hyundai Elantra

1 Answer

I own elentra hyundia 2001 and I lost the measuring gage (called the dip stick) for the transmissin. Neal and Massy in the caribbean has none, how can I get one? Also I need a compressor for the air condition.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 973 Answers

Try to find a wrecking yard with a car like yours for the dipstick and as for the A/C compressor you could go to and they could ship one to you.

Posted on May 25, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where is the transmission fluid dip stick to check level for 2008 Chrysler town country

there is none, a screw cap covers trans filler but no dip stick!!! they want you to bring back to dealer. I have seen an aftermarket product, don't know how good it is, if you are changing filter, measure what comes out and put back only that amount, don't overfill, must use ATF +4, for chrysler only!!! nothing else!!!

Feb 18, 2015 | 2008 Chrysler Town & Country

1 Answer

Wher i can gat a dip stick for mersedes benz e320 1997 model.for auto-transmissin

have you tried checking out auto wrecking yards if this doesn`t help then you will have to go to the dealership.

Mar 06, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

How to check the oil. The dip stick has no method of measuring other than a small white knob on the end.

Done with scanner and it reads out oil level in mm. If oil level low, a warning with show on cluster.

Most modern vehicles measure oil level this well as the transmission.

The Dip Stick tube is only for sucking out the oil. This is known as 'Top Side Evacuation'.

Some DIY types collect and measure the drained oil and refill with same amount.

Dec 23, 2010 | Bentley Continental GT Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Where does the transmisson fluid go?

if its a manual transmission, you have to remove the pan from under the car, and replace the fluid and clean the filter , its a magnet clean the metal slivers with a clean cloth put new fluid in. if its a automatic u will have 2 dip sticks one is oil and one is tranny the oil dip stick is usually yellow or white tranny is red and closer to the back of the motor u need a transmission fluid funnel put the funnel were the dip stick go's u can get it from your local auto store put in the fluid your ower manual calls for and if its a leak add some none leak none slip fluid

Nov 19, 2010 | 1993 Nissan Maxima

1 Answer

Noticed a strong gas smell in the passenger compartment while idiling 2001 hyundia elentra

The fuel pressure regulator located on the fuel rail that supplies the fuel injectors must be check for wetness it has a vacuum line going to it if it looks wet replace it if it checks out ok locate and check the purge canister it may be malfunctioning.

Jan 05, 2010 | 2001 Hyundai Elantra

1 Answer

Location of transmissin dip stick on grand am gt

it dose not have one it is checked with a level plug, located on the right tail of trans, i recomend you have a profetional check, the fill cap is on top of trans is red and under air cleaner to motor tube.

Coleman and Sons
Holly, MI

Jan 04, 2010 | 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT

1 Answer

How do you check the fluid level on a automatic transmissin? 2001

The gear oil needs cheching via a computer and probe that normaly only main dealers have , and the engine oil if it has no dip stick it needs cheching via a program on the steering wheel. consult manual for exact procedure.

Sep 06, 2009 | 2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

1 Answer

2001 suzuki vitara 2.0 4cly can't find oil dip stick were is it at on the motor

call the dealer they will tell you right off the hop they will also tell you the color of the cap on top of the dip stick
usualy it is located on the front right side of the motor and is a yellow cap

Aug 03, 2009 | 2001 Suzuki Vitara

1 Answer

Can't find the automatic transmission fluid dip stick

it is a short dipstick located to the front of the transmissin it is hard to spot but it is there good luc

Mar 22, 2009 | 1991 Ford Escort

Not finding what you are looking for?
2001 Hyundai Elantra Logo

Related Topics:

70 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Hyundai Experts


Level 3 Expert

78919 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Jeffrey Turcotte
Jeffrey Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8836 Answers

Are you a Hyundai Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides