Question about 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix
Posted by Anonymous on
U need to find where its leaking from,,fill it up with water run it & look for leak,,
Posted on May 17, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
you nave to determine where the problem is. This could be caused by many things here is a list that I can give you but can't be sure as I don't know what was all done when the pump was replaced. Some mechanics don't do the same things when they repair or replace water pumps. Here is possible causes, Plugged catalytic converter Could cause overheating. This could of caused the pump to fail as it would of caused the engine block to get hot and boil the coolant out from the block. As well when the mechanic changed the pump he should of done the following if he inspected the following.
1. Rod out radiator and use scaler for engine before putting in antifreeze.
2. Replace water hoses that may have separated and collapsed
3. Replace Radiator cap Because if the cap has a weak spring allowing coolant to flow into overflow tank and thus, after several cooling and heating periods over a few days causes you to lose coolant.
4. A loose water pump belt. Or a spring tensioner worn out.
5. If it has a automatic Transmission could have plugged oil cooler which could cause the engine to overheat.
6. Oil cooler plugged can cause this as well.
7. A/C Malfunctioning causing the condenser or evaporator to heat up water.
8. Plugged condenser with foreign material it it not allowing correct air flow.
9. on some models fan clutch worn out.
And the list could go on this is not a full list of what could cause it but gives you an ideal how far ranging the problem could be. Hope this helps thanks for using fix-ya.
Posted on Mar 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 13, 2013 | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix
Dec 18, 2012 | 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Feb 05, 2011 | 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix
Aug 26, 2010 | 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix
May 29, 2010 | 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix
Mar 26, 2010 | 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix
Dec 22, 2009 | 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
May 12, 2009 | 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix
Mar 21, 2009 | 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix
Nov 05, 2008 | 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix
160 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!