Question about 2001 Mazda MPV
Posted by Anonymous on
1. Follow the upper radiator hose from the radiator to the engine block
and there you should see a neck where the hose is connected to the
2. Take the hose off by removing/loosening the clamp and pulling the hose off. Sometimes it's easier to use a screwdriver to pry the hose off. Be careful though not to damage the hose.
3. There should be 2 bolts on top off the housing. Take the bolts completely out and remove the housing from the engine block.
4. Remove the thermostat and gasket from the block and clean the location good with a wire brush. This ensures a good seal for the new gasket. Sometimes it helps to have a razor blade or other scraper to clean it with. Try not to score the metal when cleaning.
5. Installation is reversed. Some thermostats require a sealant to be used with the gasket, be sure to ask when you buy the thermostat.
6. Start vehicle and let it run for a little bit to check for leaks. If everything checks out, you are good to go.
Posted on Jun 26, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 15, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 29, 2011 | 2005 Chevrolet Malibu
Dec 19, 2010 | 2002 Buick Rendezvous
Oct 14, 2010 | Oldsmobile Alero Cars & Trucks
Please see my tip at http://www.fixya.com/cars/r5929960-s_thermostat .
Specific instructions for your car are as follows. Let me know if you get stuck or have more questions. 5.3L Engine
Removal & Installation
NOTE The thermostat is not serviceable separately. The water pump inlet and thermostat must be replaced as an assembly.
Oct 08, 2010 | 2004 GMC Envoy
Sep 18, 2010 | 2002 Pontiac Aztek
Apr 04, 2010 | 1999 Oldsmobile Alero
Apr 04, 2010 | 2000 Chrysler Concorde
Feb 02, 2010 | 2001 Chrysler 300M
Sep 23, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Venture
Apr 07, 2017 | 2001 Mazda MPV
Apr 06, 2017 | 2001 Mazda MPV
140 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: