Question about Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I have no idea what its called, but I removed my

I have no idea what its called but I removed my intake manifold. Underneath it were two rows of ports w/ butterfly valves in every other one. On the side closest to the driver side there is a cable attached to the rear valve assembly the other end going to a computer. There looks to be a (linkage push rod actuator) of some sort from the rear to the front. Its missing! What is it called? and where can I buy a new one.

Posted by Anonymous on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 409 Answers

If this is a ford taurus with the duratech engine the only place to get parts for the intake system is your local ford dealer. As to the propper name for it I think it is called the intake manifold runner control. Whatever you do, DO NOT remove the cable from the black box, this will require replacement of the control assy. which is expensive.

Posted on May 14, 2010

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I need to replace the thermostat for my 2000 Isuzu Rodeo, V6 3.2 Liter LS model? I see that it is on top of the engine under the intake. What steps do I take to remove the intake. Will the top and bottom...

remove fuel pump fuse and start car when it dies try to start again, no more spluttering just cranking, the fuel system is now depressurised. you can now disconnect both of the quick disconnect fuel lines at rear lower section of inlet manifold this is hard to get to some access this by removing the EGR valve so you can get your arms down there watch out for sharp edges of manifold. you dont need to take the top section of the inlet manifold off but will need new lower inlet manifold gaskets to haed.once manifold is off block all intake ports with rag or put tape over ports to stop dirt and stuff falling into ports while continuing to work on the coolant pipes below to get to thermostat.undo only 4 long centre bolts and the 4 nuts, one in each corner(no.3 in picture).

stevenhurc_7.jpgyou dont need to remove throttle body but some people do.

Feb 21, 2011 | 2000 Isuzu Rodeo

1 Answer

I am pulling engine to replace clutch. I cannot get to the starter wiring as it is underneath the intake manifold. Do I have to remove the intake? Thanks, Michael

It probably would be easier to pull the transmission, but if you're going the engine route, you can get at the wiring if you get the car up on jack stands and go underneath the car and reach up under the manifold with extensions you can undo the starter, pull it out a bit and undo the wiring. I believe there is a manifold brace that you'll have to remove first.

Dec 19, 2010 | 1990 Toyota Corolla

2 Answers

Have a 2004 Chevy Silverado need some help. Where is the knock sensor located?

There are two knock sensors on your engine, and they are underneath the intake manifold. You will have to remove the intake to get to the sensors.

Nov 10, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

1 Answer

Tuned-Port Injection problem

If foreign matter is inside the intake manifold the intake manifold must be removed to clear out all debre or damage to the intake valves and pistons will occur, use a strong vacuum and a long magnet to extract any debree from the intake ports after removing the intake manifold, and then blow out all passages on the intake manifold itself with compressed air to remove debre before reinstalling the intake manifold, make sure you drain the coolant before removing the intake manifold also before attempting this job it is a good idea to purchase a Haynes repair manual to walk you through the procedure.

Sep 03, 2009 | 1989 Pontiac Firebird

3 Answers

Car wont start i think its the selonoid

The starter motor on the Northstar engines is underneath the intake manifold,it sits in the valley just above the crank shaft.

Jul 29, 2009 | 1993 Cadillac Seville

2 Answers

1998 kia sephia starter

Its located just under the intake manifold. you will need to remove the exhaust pipe to access it. there is also an upper and lower intake manifold support bracket that will need to be removed as well to extract the starter.

Its in a tough spot.

Jun 17, 2009 | 1998 Kia Sephia

1 Answer

Need informtion removing the Intake Manifold on 2002 PT Cruiser to replace plugs and wiring

Removing the intake is no prob. on these. Assuming this is a non turbo model, you remove the two bolts holding the egr tube flange at the back of the intake. You will have a couple wire clips you need to dissconect and small vacum hoses that will be easily noticable as you try to move the intake aside, but there is a row of small bolts at the front inbetween the intake rails holding the upper intake to the lower. Seperate the manifold by removing these bolts. it has rubber gaskets that stay right with the manifold you do not need to replace at reassembley. This will allow you to move it far enough to change the plugs. Hope this helps.

Mar 19, 2009 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

63 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cars & Trucks Experts


Level 3 Expert

75822 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22156 Answers

Randy Ohler

Level 3 Expert

14585 Answers

Are you a Car and Truck Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides