Question about 1999 Chevrolet Venture
Posted by Anonymous on
1. Follow the upper radiator hose from the radiator to the engine block
and there you should see a neck where the hose is connected to the
2. Take the hose off by removing/loosening the clamp and pulling the hose off. Sometimes it's easier to use a screwdriver to pry the hose off. Be careful though not to damage the hose.
3. There should be 2 bolts on top off the housing. Take the bolts completely out and remove the housing from the engine block.
4. Remove the thermostat and gasket from the block and clean the location good with a wire brush. This ensures a good seal for the new gasket. Sometimes it helps to have a razor blade or other scraper to clean it with. Try not to score the metal when cleaning.
5. Installation is reversed. Some thermostats require a sealant to be used with the gasket, be sure to ask when you buy the thermostat.
6. Start vehicle and let it run for a little bit to check for leaks. If everything checks out, you are good to go.
Posted on Jun 26, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 03, 2016 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Dec 12, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 12, 2013 | 1998 Dodge Intrepid
Dec 01, 2012 | 1996 Pontiac Grand Am
Trace the upper radiator hose to the mounting area on the intake manifold. Loosen the hose clamp on the manifold end of the hose and remove the hose. Pull the thermostat out of the intake manifold.
For more help and troubleshooting go through the help links below:---
Click the link below:-----
THERMOSTAT REMOVAL PROCEDURE/LOCATION DETAILS
Where is Thermostat Located on
How to Replace a Thermostat.
Nov 28, 2012 | Buick Century Cars & Trucks
Sep 30, 2011 | 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier
Oct 11, 2010 | 1994 Pontiac Grand Am
Jan 01, 2010 | 2003 BMW 325
Mar 14, 2009 | 2005 Toyota Corolla
189 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: