Question about 2001 Ford Escape
Depends on what kind of vehicle it is on. if it is just the bearing and race, about a hundred bucks. if it is the hub bearing type u are probably looking at more like 250.
Posted on May 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: replace front wheel bearings
The bearings in your car are pressed into a hub. If the part is available as an assembly, it can be replaced that way. Generally on a front drive car:
Remove wheels and brake calipers
If it is pressed in: remove the rotors, disconnect the drive shafts and remove the steering knuckle. Then the old bearing is pressed out and the new one pressed in with a machine shop press. If the bearing is part of the hub, that will be unbolted and the new one swapped.
On a scale of 1-10 difficulty, Id rate it a strong 7
Posted on Jun 20, 2008
SOURCE: replacing front wheel bearing
Posted on Apr 25, 2009
The front wheel bearings are sealed units, and must be replaced with the entire hub assembly. They do not need periodic cleaning/replacing as they did in the old days, if they are not making noise do not bother with them.
Posted on Apr 07, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 19, 2014 | 2010 Ford Edge
3. Remove retaining ring. If the bearing inner race remains on wheel hub, grind a section of inner race until approximately 0.020 in (0.5 mm) remains. Remove race with a chisel.
4. Remove wheel bearing with suitable tool.
• Do not remove dust cover unless necessary. • Do not reuse dust cover if removed. 5. Mark relative positions of dust cover and knuckle for proper reassembly. 6. Remove dust cover with a chisel.
• Do not remove wheel hub bolt unless necessary. • Do not reuse wheel hub bolt if removed. 7. Remove wheel hub bolt with a press.
Assembly 1. Press in new wheel studs. Front wheel hub press in either bolt turning or loosening by the torque of 108.5 lb•ft (147 N•m, 15 kg•m) shall not be premissible.
2. Mark new dust cover to match the removed dust cover. 3. Align mark on new dust cover with knuckle. 4. Install new dust cover with suitable tool.
5. Install new wheel bearing with suitable tool. 6. Install front wheel hub assembly with suitable tool.
• Use a new oil seal, and apply grease to seal. • Install oil seal so that it is flush with knuckle. 7. Install new oil seal with SST(0K993 331 016).
Jan 12, 2013 | 2003 Kia Sedona
Mar 19, 2011 | 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan
Feb 21, 2011 | Ford Explorer Cars & Trucks
May 06, 2010 | 1999 GMC Suburban
Oct 07, 2009 | 1996 Honda Accord
Sep 04, 2009 | 1997 Ford Aspire
Aug 10, 2009 | 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
Apr 10, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
Jul 30, 2008 | 2002 Pontiac Aztek
176 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!