Question about 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe
Won't start, battery is ok lights on dash on, just won't start. After a period of time it will crank fine as if nothing was ever wrong. Been to 3 Chev Dealerships that can't resolve.
If the battery is OK, but the starter still won't crank, there could be a number of possible reasons. Here are some of them:
- The ignition switch could be at fault - it's a common problem.
- The starter motor itself is common to fail.
- Starter motor control wire could have bad connection.
- Cars with an automatic transmission have a Neutral Safety Switch that allows the starter to be operated only when the transmission is in "Park" or "Neutral" position. When this switch isn't functioning properly, or for example, when the shifter is not fully engaged in "Park" or "Neutral" position, the starter also won't crank.
- Similarly, cars with manual transmission have a switch installed at the clutch pedal that only allow the car to be started when the clutch pedal is depressed. The problem with this clutch pedal switch could also prevent the starter from operating
- A problem with vehicle's security system or some other electronic control module (e.g, PCM, BCM) may also prevent the starter from operating.
Posted on May 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 29, 2016 | 1992 Ford F350
Aug 04, 2017 | 2005 Ford F-150
Mar 25, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 20, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 18, 2011 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 30, 2017 | 2003 Lexus RX 300
Jul 27, 2011 | 1992 Volvo 240
Jun 23, 2009 | 1999 Saturn SL
May 14, 2009 | 1994 Chevrolet Corvette
Apr 06, 2009 | 2003 BMW 5 Series
Mar 28, 2017 | 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe
302 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: