Question about Nissan Xterra
Here is the procedure to turn off the airbag light. If this doesn't woerrk then you actually have a problem and the air bag system will have to be checked for codes. Hope this helps!
1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.
2. Air Bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, the turn ignition switch OFF within 1 second after the lamp turn off.
3. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 twice. (Perform 3 times in total.)
5. Turn Ignition switch ON.
6. The SRS lamp has been reset it.
If the warning light can not be reset, more diagnosis will be require. Please contact you Nissan dealer for more information.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on May 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 13, 2014 | 2003 Nissan Xterra
Dec 14, 2013 | Nissan Xterra Cars & Trucks
Jun 29, 2010 | 2003 Nissan Xterra
Jun 23, 2010 | 2002 Nissan Xterra
Mar 17, 2010 | 2004 Nissan Frontier
Oct 19, 2009 | 2004 Nissan XTerra
238 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!