Question about 2004 Kia Sorento
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had a similar problem when I bought my used 99 Legacy. The dealer was going to replace the sun roof, but never followed through. Mine would open every now & then. Once when I got it opened, I cleaned the rubber gaskets with silicon lubricant. Since then the roof has always opened for me. That was 3 years ago, and it is still works every time!
Posted on Sep 26, 2008
SOURCE: brocken freelander sunroof
The motor is accessed after removing the interior roof light console. I have to warn you that Freelander sunroofs have a lot of problems. To change the motor, I think you will have to remove the roof lining as well with all that entails. The Land Rover Workshop manual has all the detail whereas the Haynes manual does not.
Try www.myfreelander.co.uk/Body/sunroof5door.htm for an exploded view of the sunroof.
Posted on May 11, 2009
According to the 2003 owner's manual (2004 should be similar) there is a specific procedure for calibrating the moon-roof's controller. The electronic controller may have lost its calibration settings due to an electrical glitch or disconnected battery.
Look up he exact procedure in your owner's manual as it may vary between different mdel years or OEM moon-roof suppliers.
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
This website shows it has manuals and online diagrams like that. Sometimes a dealer parts guy will run you a copy of a parts diagram. It is a 13 year old vehicle- a salvage yard may have something torn apart that you could see.
Posted on Jun 10, 2009
SOURCE: sunroof will not close
If the motor is stuck, you can probably hold the switch to the forward position, and smack the roof. This may allow the motor to start working. I don't think there is any way to do it manually.
Posted on Jun 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 10, 2017 | 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS
Jul 31, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
To check the condition of your original sunroof guides:
- Gl*** in closed position.
- Locate & remove 3 torx bolts on each side of sunroof glass. Lift glass out of sunroof opening & set aside in a safe place.
- Locate "J" shaped cover plate at front of sunroof track assembly. Remove 2 torx bolts from each cover plate.
- Lift up bracket to remove.
- Inspect the plastic guides on each side. The sunroof cables attach to guides on front outer corner. Inspect this area closely for damage.
- Do not operate the sunroof with the J plates removed.Troubleshooting:If the sunroof guides are not broken & the glass is a uniform height along the rear edge your problem may be a stripped gear inside the motor. The motor has a manual override:
- Get access to the motor by removing the map light/switch console or lowering the front of the headliner.
- Insert a large standard screwdriver into the nylon bushing at the center of the motor hub. Push up & turn the screwdriver to manually move the sunroof glass. If the unit will fully open & close manually, you most likely only need a replacement motor.
If your sunroof is stuck in the open position follow these steps to get it closed:
- Remove the glass.
- Try to close the unit without the glass. Many times one side will still be operational and close correctly.
- Try to slide the inoperable lift arm forward. If it moves, slide it forward until it stops.
- You now need to slide the original plastic guide forward to lower the arm to the closed position. Using a standard screwdriver, push it forward. The lift arm should begin to lower.
- If the lift arm will still not fully lower, remove the J plate as explained above, sometimes the sunroof cable will need to be lifted up to allow the guide to fully slide forward.
- Reinstall glass.
May 21, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 25, 2012 | 2003 Toyota Corolla
Jun 09, 2012 | 2006 Lincoln Mark LT
Jun 05, 2012 | Chevrolet Cavalier Cars & Trucks
Mar 28, 2012 | 2007 Lexus RX 350 FWD
Jun 20, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!