Question about 1997 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
1. Insert key in ignition and leave in the OFF position
2. Locate the Data Link Port. It is located under dash drivers side. Be sure you know
which pins are 8 and 4.
(Note port is wider at top) Your OBDII port will not
have numbers, use this diagram for reference.
3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 to 4 with a
suitable jumper wire (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming
procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond
by locking and unlocking the doors to signify entering of programming mode.
4. Close doors.
5. Turn ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without cranking the engine).
Doors will lock.
6. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first transmitter to
be programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and
unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the transmitter.
7. Within one minute, repeat the previous step on the remaining transmitters to be
8. Remove jumper wire applied to th OBDII Port.
Thank you for using fixya and good luck
Posted on May 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 30, 2015 | 1996 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
Dec 26, 2010 | 1997 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
Nov 05, 2010 | 1997 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
Aug 11, 2010 | 1996 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
Mar 12, 2010 | 1997 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
Dec 26, 2009 | 1997 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
739 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: