Question about 2002 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab
What is average cost of fuel module assembly
The fuel pump module costs arrornd $300.00 for a good brand replacement a cheap one is about 250.00 find a good brand its worth the extra mony. Delphi and Carter both make an outstanding unit for this truck
Posted on May 11, 2010
Testimonial: "thanks for your help your answer was in line with the others. hate the cost but feeling good about your help"
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 01, 2012 | 1991 Pontiac Firebird
Nov 15, 2011 | 2000 Ford Windstar
2002 Dodge Caravan
Fuel Filter Replacement Procedure
1. The fuel filter is located on top of the fuel tank near the fuel pump module. Fuel lines are permanently attached to filter assembly and must be replaced with the fuel filter.
2. Release pressure from fuel system by removing the fuel pump relay and start the engine and let it die. Crank the engine a couple times after it dies to relieve more of the fuel pressure
3. Disconnect negative battery cable
4. Raise and support vehicle
5. Support fuel tank with transmission jack or floor jack with large plywood board to evenly distribute the weight of the fuel tank. NOTE: It is important to distribute weight evenly to prevent damage to the fuel pump module.
6. Disconnect ground strap from fuel tank
7. Remove inboard fuel tank straps and front "T" strap fastener
8. Lower the fuel tank approximately 6 inches to access the fuel filter assembly.
9. Disconnect the fuel lines at the fuel supply connector and the fuel pump module
10. Remove the retaining bolt and remove filter assembly from vehicle.
11. Reverse removal procedure to install (Don't forget to put the fuel pump relay back )
Apr 02, 2011 | 2002 Dodge Caravan
Feb 17, 2011 | 1989 Ford F 150
Jan 30, 2011 | 2002 Chevrolet Malibu
Fig. Fig. 6: Replace the old fuel filter/pressure regulator mounting gasket
Fig. Fig. 7: Check the condition of the fuel filter/pressure regulator O-rings
Jan 28, 2011 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jan 13, 2011 | 1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette
Removal & Installation
Fig. Remove the locking ring from the fuel pump sender with special tool Fuel Tank Sender Wrench D84P-9275-A
Oct 07, 2010 | 2000 Mercury Mystique
Feb 21, 2009 | 1993 Pontiac Trans Sport
Aug 17, 2008 | 2001 Hyundai Elantra
189 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: