Question about 1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT
If your 1999 Grand Am was built late in 1999 you will have to go to a Locksmith or Dealership to get your remote programmed.
If your 1999 Grand Am was built eary in 1999 you can use the programming instructions below.
1. Make sure ignition is in the OFF position.
2. Locate the programming connector in the trunk (drivers side). It is a plastic
connector with two wires leading up to it. The connector is not plugged into
anything. You may have to pull back trim to access connector.
3. The programming connector should have two terminals. Connect both terminals
with a suitable jumper wire. Make sure the terminals remain connected
throughout the programming procedure.
4. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote simultaneously. In response
the Keyless Entry Module will cycle all the Door Lock Motors at once. Your new
remote has been accepted and all existing remotes have been erased.
5. Repeat the previous step for each additional remotes (including any exsisting remotes)
Do not remove jumper wire in between programming of remotes.
6. Remove the jumper wire from the Keyless Remote Connector.
Thank you for using fixya and good luck
Posted on May 10, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2017 | 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis
Dec 13, 2014 | 1998 Ford Crown Victoria
Jun 01, 2012 | 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jan 15, 2010 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Nov 04, 2009 | 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager
Oct 17, 2009 | 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Mar 14, 2009 | 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
393 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: