Question about 2000 Volkswagen Beetle
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have the security anti-theft code for yours VW radio from the car manufacturer! For VW radio the sequence of programming is:
1. Push simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
3. By the #1 key you will set up the first safe code digit.
4. By the #2 key you will set up the second safe code digit.
5. By the #3 key you will set up the third safe code digit.
6. By the #4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit.
7. Then push again simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys for confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed. The radio is now ready for use!
Posted on May 10, 2010
Most of the time the radio code is written down on the inside front or rear cover of the owners manual.
If that is not the case then hopefully you will be able to get the code from a Volkswagen dealership with only the VIN number to the vehicle, otherwise you will need to remove the radio to get the serial number from that radio in order to obtain the correct code from a Volkswagen dealership.
You will need to contact a Volkswagen dealership to find out which is applicable to your vehicle, and that is also the same way that any repair shop would obtain that radio code.
Posted on May 10, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 25, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 09, 2014 | Volkswagen Beetle Cars & Trucks
Aug 26, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 17, 2011 | Volkswagen Golf Cars & Trucks
Mar 03, 2010 | 2006 Volkswagen Jetta
Aug 26, 2009 | 2000 Volkswagen Beetle
Mar 05, 2009 | 2000 Volkswagen GTI
Mar 03, 2017 | 2000 Volkswagen Beetle
681 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!