Question about 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix
IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the remotes you
will be useing on the vehicle. Once you program the remote. all previous remotes that were
programmed will be erased from memory. The other remotes will not be functional until you
program the them again.
1. Remove the key from the ignition.
2. Close all doors.
3. Remove the "MALL PGM" fuse from the fuse panel. Use the legend on the fuse panel or
owner's manual to properly locate the "MALL PGM" fuse.
4. Insert the key into the ignition, and turn to the ACC position.
5. Turn the key to OFF and then back to ACC within 1 second.
6. Open and close any vehicle door. A chime will be heard when the system enters into
7. Press and hold the remote LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds.
IMPORTANT: After 7 seconds, a chime may be heard confirming successful
synchronization. It is necessary to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime
that will confirm successful programming.
8. Repeat step 7 now for each additional remotes to be programmed including any existing
9. Remove key from ignition.
10. Install the "MALL PGM" fuse back into the fuse panel and test remote(s).
Posted on May 10, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 29, 2013 | 1995 Audi Cabriolet
Jul 23, 2011 | Saturn L300 Cars & Trucks
Feb 25, 2011 | 2004 Mazda Tribute
Oct 08, 2009 | 1994 Mercury Cougar
May 13, 2017 | 1998 Volvo V70
Oct 28, 2015 | 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix
Feb 07, 2015 | 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix
595 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: