Question about 2004 Chrysler Sebring
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
shift lock switch. this switch is usually connected to a little box on the brake pedal. Look about half way up the pedal from the foot pad and make sure the wires are still intact.
Posted on Aug 14, 2009
if was running fine and and next day just wont go y woulthink is probably oyu input or output speed sensor,oyu need to check it with scanner and see if is that is the problem and not you tranny brain
Posted on Sep 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 18, 2014 | 2004 Chrysler Sebring
Welcome to FixYa.com
1. Remove air cleaner and air intake hose assembly.
2. Remove center dash trim panel.
3. Remove center console cup holder assembly.
4. Remove floor console assembly.
5. Remove console side panels.
6. Remove Transmission Control Module ftMJ bracket.
1. Remove TCM.
8. Remove shifter cable from transaxle operating lever by removing nut and clip.
9. Remove shifter cable from shifter lever assembly by removing clip.
10. Remove shifter cable from shifter lever mechanism.
11. Remove cable from firewall grommet by removing grommet assembly nuts.
12. Remove gearshift cable from vehicle.
Lift and rotate the gearshift hand lever into the park (F9 gate position and remove the ignition
key. This confirms the shift lever is in the gated park (F9 position.
After confirming the park gate position. turn the ignition switch . If the starter will operate. the
park gate position is correct. Move the shift lever into the neutral (NJ position. If the starter
will operate in this position, the linkage is properly adjusted. If the starter fails to operate in
either position, linkage adjustment is required.
1. Park the vehicle on level ground and set the parking brake.
2. Place the gearshift lever in park (F9 gate position and remove key.
3. Loosen the cable adjustment screw at the transaxle operating lever.
4. Pull the transaxle operating lever fully forward to the park detent position.
5. Release the park brake, then rock the vehicle to assure it is in park lock. Reset the park
6. Tighten the cable adjustment screw to 8 Nm (10 inch Ibs.J. Gearshift cable should now be
1. Check adjustment by usinq the precedinq procedure.
Thank you for Using FixYa.com
Kind Regards, Lee
Your Master Technician FixYa Expert
Jan 31, 2011 | 1997 Chrysler Sebring
Jun 14, 2010 | 2008 Dodge Avenger
Jun 05, 2010 | 2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan
Jan 22, 2010 | 1996 Chrysler Sebring
Aug 12, 2009 | 2007 Chrysler Sebring Sedan
Jul 24, 2009 | 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
Jul 03, 2017 | 2004 Chrysler Sebring
309 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: