Question about 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser
This is only a DIY check list of probable faults.
1. Electrical failure thro' the Fuses and Relays that energise the Compressor clutch.
2. Lack of Freon in the System,
3.Split Hi or Lo pressure hoses, due to chafing on the engine or body work, causing pressure loss.
4. Failed Expansion valve.
5. Leaking coupling joint seals in system.
6. Broken Drive belt for the Compressor.
7. Failed Compressor Clutch Electric windings,
8. Failed Hi pressure hose/pipe In line switch, that also enegises the compressor clutch.
9. Defective Thermostat in the Evaporator core.
10.Holed Condenser permitting pressure loss.
Best of luck on the fault finding trail.
I suggest a trip to Walmart, to acquire the low cost Charge canisters to find the pressure loss fault,if it is not in the other fault suggestions.
Posted on May 10, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2017 | 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Nov 22, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 17, 2011 | 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jul 31, 2010 | 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jul 16, 2009 | 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Dec 25, 2016 | 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser
350 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: