Question about 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
The airbag connectors in behind the front kick panels have high resistance. The fix is to replace them. Here is TSB's
#05-09-41-001B: Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) Light ON, Diagnostic Trouble Codes (Inspect/Replace IP Harness to Inflatable Restraint Module (Air Bag) Yellow 4-Way Connector C221 and/or C222) - (Jun 2, 2008)
Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) Light ON, Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) B0013, B0014, B0017, B0018, B0024, B0026, B0043, B0044 (Inspect and/or Replace IP Harness to Inflatable Restraint Module (Air Bag) Yellow 4-Way Connector C221 and/or C222)
2003-2006 Cadillac Escalade Models
2003-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe
2003-2007 Chevrolet Silverado (Classic Only)
2003-2006 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL
2003-2007 GMC Sierra (Classic Only)
This bulletin is being revised to add the 2007 model year for pickups and change a part number. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 05-09-41-001A (Section 09 -- Restraints).
Some customers may comment that the Service Supplemental Inflatable Restraint Light is on.
Diagnosis with a scan tool may indicate a DTC B0013, B0014, B0017, B0018, B0024, B0026, B0043, B0044.
The most likely cause of any one of the following DTCs: B0013, B0014, B0017, B0018, B0024, B0026, B0043, B0044 is improper connection/high resistance in the IP harness to inflatable restraint module connector C221 and/or C222.
DTC B0013, B0014, B0017, B0018, B0024, B0026, B0043, B0044 will set when one of the following conditions occur:
• The SDM detects the air bag module deployment loop resistance is greater than 4.8 ohms for 500 milliseconds.
• The SDM detects that the voltage at the air bag module high control is less than 2.4 volts and deployment loop resistance is 6 ohms or greater for 500 milliseconds.
• For additional diagnostic information, refer to DTC B0013, B0014, B0017, B0018, B0024, B0026, B0043, B0044 in the appropriate SI Document.
Test for proper connection/high resistance at connector C221 and/or C222.
Don't Do This
DO NOT replace SIR system components prior to testing for proper connection/high resistance in C221 and/or for DTCs B0013, B0014, B0017, B0018, B0024, B0026, B0043, B0044.
Caution: When performing service on or near the SIR components or the SIR wiring, the SIR system must be disabled. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling Zones. Failure to observe the correct procedure could cause deployment of the SIR components, personal injury, or unnecessary SIR system repairs.
Important: The IP harness to inflatable restraint module connectors C221 or C222 is NOT located at the base of the steering column...
• C221 (4 Cavities) -- I/P Harness to Body Harness, behind the left kick panel
• C222 (4 Cavities) (w/o HP2) -- I/P harness to body harness, behind the right kick panel
• C222 (4 Cavities) (w/HP2) -- Behind the left side I/P access panel
• Refer to the Master Electrical Component List for additional location information.
1. Remove the appropriate side door sill plate.
2. Remove the appropriate side hinge pillar panel.
3. Locate the IP harness to inflatable restraint module yellow 4-way connector C221 or C222.
4. Inspect the IP harness to inflatable restraint module connector C221 or C222 for proper connection.
5. Disconnect and reconnect the IP harness to inflatable restraint module connector C221 or C222 THREE times.
6. Clear the DTC and road test the vehicle.
• If DTCs B0013, B0014, B0017, B0018, B0024, B0026, B0043, B0044 DOES NOT reset, no additional repairs are necessary. Continue with step 10.
• If DTCs B0013, B0014, B0017, B0018, B0024, B0026, B0043, B0044 DOES reset, the most likely cause is high resistance in the IP harness to inflatable restraint module connector C221 or C222. Continue with the next step.
7. Replace the appropriate connector C221 and/or C222, P/N's 15306186 and 88987998. Refer to SIR/SRS Wiring Repairs (SI Document ID #325229).
8. Road test the vehicle and confirm that the repair is complete.
9. Install the driver's side hinge pillar panel.
10. Install the driver's side door sill plate.
Part Number: 15306186
Description: Connector (4-way Female, w/Leads) - Qty 1
Part Number: 88987998
Description: Connector (4-way Male, w/Leads) - Qty 1
Hope this help (remember comment and rated this help).
Posted on May 07, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 21, 2014 | 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
May 01, 2012 | Chevrolet Impala Cars & Trucks
Jul 15, 2010 | 1997 Ford F250 SuperCab
May 03, 2010 | 1997 GMC Yukon
Feb 16, 2010 | 2008 BMW 1 Series
Nov 06, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Impala
Mar 03, 2009 | 2003 Ford Explorer
Feb 21, 2009 | 2001 Hyundai Elantra
10,752 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: