Windshield wipers don't return to home position on 2004 FordFocus
2004 Ford Focus ZXW wagon, front windshield wipers won't return to home position when I turn them off; rather, they land wherever they were at the exact moment that I switched them off, oftentimes right in the middle of the windshield. How to fix it? If it's a relay, exactly where is it, and how to access it?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Windshield wipers don't return to home position on...
Ford has had a lot of problems with wiper circuits and switches.there is a circuit board that is supposed to run the wipers until they return to home position. this is probably failing and needs replaced. maybe talk to dealer to see if warrantee was extended due to problems they are having. hope this helps if so please reply and good luck
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
www.carcarekiosk.com/...Jaguar.../windshield_wiper_blade.../replace_wi... Free video on how to replace the front windshield wiper blades in a 2008 Jaguar XJ8 L 4.2L V8. Complete instructions for changing the front wiper windshield ...
Right now look at the front of the engine behind the exhaust manifold and their are two breather pipes connected to a T connection that comes from the engine and check these pipes as if perished and split the engine will not idle .You cannot adjust anything without a dealer software to reset the mapping so check these pipes first and iam sure you will find their split and gone soft
Check where the pivots attatch to the wiper arm. There is a plastic cap you remove and under it is a nut, and if it's loose, you need to get the wiper motor to park...by turning on the wipers, and then off and wait untill it sounds like it has stopped. Then place the wiper arms to where they belong parked, and tighten the nuts.
2002 Ford F-250 Windshield Wiper Motor
Removal & Installation
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. Turn the ignition switch ON until the wiper blades are straight up, then turn the ignition switch OFF.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
3. Remove the right-hand and left-hand windshield wiper arm and blade assemblies.
4. Remove the cowl top vent panels.
5. Detach the electrical hardness connector at the windshield wiper motor assembly.
6. Remove 3 wiper motor (module assembly) retaining bolts and remove the module assembly from the vehicle.
7. Remove the wiper linkage retaining bolt and remove the linkage from the wiper motor.
8. Remove 3 retaining nuts and remove the windshield wiper motor
9. Place the windshield wiper motor in position and install 3 retaining nuts. Tighten to 10-12 ft. lbs. (12-17 Nm).
10. Connect the wiper linkage to the windshield wiper motor and install the retaining bolt. Tighten the bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
11. Place the wiper motor (module assembly) in position and install 3 retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 6 ft. lbs. (9Nm).
12. Install the electrical hardness connector to the windshield wiper motor.
13. Connect the negative battery cable.
14. Allow the windshield wiper motor to cycle several times while checking for proper wiper motor operation.
15. Turn the windshield wiper motor to the OFF position to park the wiper motor in the park position.
16. Install the cowl top vent panels.
17. Install the wiper arm and blade assemblies. Install the retaining nuts and tighten to 22-29 ft. lbs. (30-40 Nm).
18. Connect the negative battery cable.
19. Check the windshield wiper motor for proper operation and the wiper arms for adjustment.