Question about Chevrolet Aveo
Here the the Specifications that you requested :-
1. The cylinder head should be cleaned and inspected prior to installation.
2. Lightly oil all bolt and stud bolt threads before installation.
3. Clean all gasket mating surfaces thoroughly.
4. Install a new head gasket on the cylinder block. WARNING Always use new cylinder head bolts when installing the cylinder head or damage to the engine may occur.
5. Install the cylinder head on the cylinder block.
6. Tighten the cylinder head bolts in reverse of the removal sequence. Tighten the 2004 cylinder head bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm). Tighten an additional 70°, plus 70°, plus another 50°. Tighten 2005 bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm). Tighten an additional 60°, plus 60°, plus another 10°.
7. Install the right engine mount. Tighten the engine mount attaching bolts to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
8. Install or connect the following:
* Intake manifold
* Intake manifold support bracket. Tighten the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
* Throttle cable
* Surge tank coolant hose
* Heater hose to cylinder head
* Fuel feed line at the fuel rail
* All vacuum hoses
* Exhaust manifold
* Rear timing belt cover
* Timing belt tensioner. Tighten the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
* Idler pulley. Tighten the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
* Intake and exhaust camshaft gears. Tighten the bolts to 49 ft. lbs. (68 Nm).
9. Apply a small amount of gasket sealant to the corners of the front camshaft caps and the top of the rear camshaft cover-to-cylinder head seal.
10. Install the valve cover using a new gasket
11. Align the timing marks on the camshaft gears.
12. Align the mark on the crankshaft gear with the notch at the bottom of the rear timing belt cover.
13. Install the timing belt and rotate the water pump clockwise to apply tension to the timing belt.
14. Tighten the water pump bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
15. Adjust the timing belt tension.
16. Install or connect the following:
* Spark plug wires
* Upper and lower timing belt coversCrankshaft pulley. Tighten the bolt to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm), plus an additional 30°, then another 15°.
* Accessory drive belt
* Air cleaner housing
* Radiator hoses
* Front splash shield
* Right front wheel
* Coolant temperature sensor
* Fuel feed line from fuel rail
* IAT sensor
* Intake manifold pressure sensor
* DIS coil connector
* Fuel injector connectors
* ECM ground terminal
* Negative battery cable
17. Fill the engine with oil and coolant.
18. Start the engine and check for leaks.
Engine Mechanical - 1.6L (L91) - Aveo
FASTENER TIGHTENING SPECIFICATIONS
Fastener Tightening Specifications
A/C Compressor Mounting Bolts 27 N.m 20 lb ft
A/C Compressor Mounting Bracket Bolts 50 N.m 37 lb ft
Air Filter Housing Bolts 12 N.m 106 lb in
Alternator Adjusting Bolt 20 N.m 15 lb ft
Alternator Adjusting Bracket Retaining Bolt 20 N.m 15 lb ft
Auxiliary Catalytic Converter-to-Exhaust Manifold
Nuts and Bracket Bolts
40 N.m 30 lb ft
Camshaft Cap Bolts 16 N.m 12 lb ft
Camshaft Gear Bolt 67.5 N.m 49 lb ft
Camshaft Pressure Plate Bolts 10 N.m 89 lb in
Connecting Rod Bearing Cap Bolts 25 N.m+30°+15° 18 lb ft+30°+15°
Coolant Pump Retaining Bolts 10 N.m 89 lb in
Coolant Temperature Sensor 20 N.m 15 lb ft
Crankshaft Bearing Cap Bolts 50 N.m+45°+15° 37 lb ft+45°+15°
Crankshaft Position Sensor Retaining Bolt 10 N.m 89 lb in
Crankshaft Pulley Bolt 95 N.m+30°+15° 70 lb ft+30°+15°
Cylinder Head Bolts - Camshaft Support Housing
and Cylinder Head Mounting Bolts
18 lb ft+60°+60°
Electronic Ignition System Ignition Coil Mounting
10 N.m 89 lb in
Electronic Ignition System Ignition Coil Mounting
Plate Bolts 10 N.m 89 lb in
Engine Mount Bracket Retaining Bolt 65 N.m 48 lb ft
Engine Mount Bracket-to-Engine Mount Retaining
60 N.m 44 lb ft
Engine Mount Retaining Nuts 40 N.m 30 lb ft
Exhaust Flexible Pipe Bracket Bolts 40 N.m 30 lb ft
Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve Adapter Bolts 25 N.m 18 lb ft
Exhaust Manifold Heat Shield Bolts 15 N.m 11 lb ft
Exhaust Manifold Nuts 25 N.m 18 lb ft
Flexible Plate Bolts 60 N.m 44 lb ft
Flexible Plate Inspection Cover Bolts 10 N.m 89 lb in
Flywheel Bolts 35 N.m+30°+15° 26 lb ft+30°+15°
Flywheel Inspection Cover Bolts 12 N.m 106 lb in
Front Muffler-to-Main Catalytic Converter Nuts 30 N.m 22 lb ft
Fuel Rail Retaining Bolts 25 N.m 18 lb ft
MITCHELL 1 ARTICLE - 2004 ENGINE Engine Mechanical - 1.6L (L91) - Aveo Page 1 of 330
ENGINE MECHANICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Engine Mechanical Specifications
Intake Manifold Retaining Nuts 25 N.m 18 lb ft
Intake Manifold Support Bracket Lower Bolt-to-
Engine Block 40 N.m 30 lb ft
Intake Manifold Support Bracket Upper Bolts 25 N.m 18 lb ft
Lower Timing Belt Cover Bolts 10 N.m 89 lb in
Oil Pan Retaining Bolts 10 N.m 89 lb in
Oil Pressure Switch 40 N.m 30 lb ft
Oil Pump Retaining Bolts 10 N.m 89 lb in
Oil Pump/Pickup Tube and Support Bracket Bolts 10 N.m 89 lb in
Oil Pump Safety Relief Valve Bolt 36 N.m 22 lb ft
Oil Pump Rear Cover Bolts 6 N.m 53 lb in
Power Steering Pump Mounting Bolts 25 N.m 18 lb ft
Power Steering Pump Pulley Bolts 25 N.m 18 lb ft
Rear Timing Belt Cover Bolts 10 N.m 89 lb in
Spark Plug Cover Bolts 3 N.m 27 lb in
Spark Plugs 25 N.m 18 lb ft
Thermostat Housing Mounting Bolts 20 N.m 15 lb ft
Throttle Cable Bracket Bolts 8 N.m 71 lb in
Timing Belt Automatic Tensioner Bolt 25 N.m 18 lb ft
Timing Belt Idler Pulley Bolt 40 N.m 30 lb in
Transaxle Bell Housing Bolts 75 N.m 55 lb ft
Transaxle Brace Bolts 40 N.m 30 lb ft
Transaxle Torque Converter Bolts 65 N.m 48 lb ft
Upper Timing Belt Cover Bolts 10 N.m 89 lb in
Valve Cover Bolts 10 N.m 89 lb in
Engine Type 4 Cylinder - In-Line
Displacement 1598 cm3 97.51 in3
Bore Stroke 79.0x81.5 mm 3.1x3.21 in
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Firing Order 1-3-4-2
Maximum Power - At 6200 RPM 77 kw/103.3 hp
Maximum Torque - At 3400 RPM 145 N.m 106.9 lb ft
Diameter 79 mm 3.1 in
Out of Round - Maximum 0.0065 mm 0.00025 in
Taper - Maximum 0.0065 mm 0.00025 in
MITCHELL 1 ARTICLE - 2004 ENGINE Engine Mechanical - 1.6L (L91) - Aveo Page 2 of 330
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on May 05, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 13, 2011 | Chevrolet Aveo Cars & Trucks
Apr 29, 2010 | 2004 Chevrolet Aveo
Jul 04, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Aveo
Jun 30, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Aveo
Jun 08, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Aveo
Jun 03, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Aveo
Aug 04, 2008 | 2004 Chevrolet Aveo
Jul 18, 2008 | Chevrolet Aveo Cars & Trucks
93 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!