Question about 2000 Chevrolet Silverado
Changed the alternator in my truck and the factory radio is now LOC. Default code to unlock factory radio in a 2000 Chevy Silverado
How to Reset GM Theft lock Radio's
Article Disclaimer: This article is meant to be used by Delco Radio owners to reset there radios. In no way is it meant to be used for any unethical or unlawful ways.
The following instructions will allow you to reset any GM (General Motors), Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Buick, Pontiac theft lock radio.
The theft lock radio must be in "LOC" mode.
1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio should display "LOC")
2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. You now have fifteen seconds to complete the next step.
4. Press the AM/FM button
5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one
6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
7. Call 1-800-537-5140
8. Press 1 then # (pound). You'll hear "Invalid Code, try again"
9. Press 139010 or 106010 or 206010 or 202107 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by *
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then *
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to "SEC". Your radio is now "un-locked" and usable.
If you fail to enter the correct code eight times, the radio goes into INOP mode. You have to wait an hour with the ignition on before the radio returns to LOC mode.
To Read the original article or read similar articles please visit kingbain.com/how-to/unlock-gm-theftlock-radio-s
Good luck (remmeber comment and rated this).
Posted on May 05, 2010
Try this...REALLY.....pause no more than 15 secs between steps.......Turn ignition on....loc will appear......Press MN,000 will appear on display........Press MN again to make the last two digits agree with your code......Press HR to make the first one or two digits agree with your code........Press AM-FM after you have confirmed that the code matches your KNOWN(secret)code.....it will now read SEC,indicating that your radio is now operable.....your welcome.
Posted on May 06, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 20, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
May 20, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Malibu
May 18, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Malibu
Feb 05, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Silverado
Dec 06, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Aug 31, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Malibu
Feb 09, 2009 | 2002 Chevrolet Silverado
2,316 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!