Question about Chrysler Town and Country
The rear is unlike the front, rather than removing 2 large hex nuts, on
the rear you remove the guide pin bolts and the removal is relatively
easy. You can will use a 7mm ellen wrench to remove the pins. Before removing caliper, look at how the spring on the outer pad is
positioned on the caliper.
One other note (that will save you 5 mins) when putting on the new pads into the caliper, snap the inside pad into place first. You the outside one then had to take it back off because there was not much clearance and You did not want to damage the inside pad.
Check this graphic as reference guide.
BRAKE PADS/SHOES - REAR DISC
REMOVAL - REAR DISC BRAKE SHOES
(1) Raise vehicle. (Refer to LUBRICATION & MAINTENANCE/HOISTING - STANDARD PROCEDURE)
(2) Remove rear wheel and tire assemblies from vehicle.
(3) Remove the caliper to adapter guide pin bolts.
(4) Remove rear caliper from adapter using the following procedure. First rotate front of caliper up from the adapter. Then pull the rear of the caliper and the outboard brake shoe anti-rattle clip out from under the rear abutment on the adapter.
(5) Support caliper to prevent the weight of the caliper from damaging the flexible brake hose.
(6) If the brake rotor needs to be removed it can be removed by removing the retainer clips and then pulling the rotor straight off the wheel mounting studs.
(7) Remove the outboard brake shoe from the caliper. Brake shoe is removed by pushing the shoe toward the piston, disengaging the two metal protrusions on the shoe back, then sliding the brake shoe off the caliper.
(8) Remove inboard brake shoe from caliper. Inboard brake shoe is removed by pulling it out of the caliper piston, until the retaining clip is free of the piston.
Hope this help.
Posted on May 04, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 06, 2012 | 2009 Chrysler Town and Country
May 22, 2011 | 2008 Chrysler Town & Country
Apr 16, 2010 | 2005 Chrysler Town & Country
Jan 22, 2010 | 2006 Chrysler Town & Country
Nov 11, 2009 | 2001 Chrysler Town & Country
Nov 08, 2009 | 2008 Chrysler Town & Country
Jul 31, 2009 | 2005 Chrysler Town & Country
Jun 21, 2009 | 2005 Chrysler Town & Country
May 12, 2009 | 2006 Chrysler Town & Country
Nov 22, 2017 | Chrysler Cars & Trucks
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: