Question about 2007 Lexus ES 350
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Perform steps 1-3 first to inspect whether you have the access doors or not before ordering filters!!!
Did this little project this evening. Figured I'd write it up.
5 Easy steps:
1. Remove glove box door by removing both screws at the bottom of the door.
2. First pop the the little flap with a fuse/relay out of the black plastic shield in the upper portion of the glove box opening. Next push it back behind the shield through the opening. Next remove the 3 screws holding the shield in place. Don't pull this shield out yet!! Read step 3 first.
3. Gently pull the shield out. Be careful because the glove box light is still plugged into this part. It is located on the right side of the shield. Once it is pulled out slightly, unplug the bulb from the harness and now you can fully remove the part.
4. Now you can see the vertical cover where the air filters reside. The cover is about 5 inches tall and about 1 inch wide. It has 2 tabs on the upper portion of the cover. Squeeze these tabs towards each other and pull the cover off.
5. The filters are now exposed. They are stacked on top of each other. Pull the first filter out then lift the next filter up and pull out. Put new filters back in and reverse the procedure.
2 Cabin air filters (Toyota PN 88568-60010 if you drop CDan a pm)
1 Phillips screw driver
No more than 15 minutes
STEP BY STEP PHOTO INSTRUCTIONS
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated for taking the time to answer your FERE question.
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
the filter is behind the glove box. pull the 2 clips on both sides of glove box. then remove glove box. the filter cover should be right there and just unclip the cover and replace filter.
Posted on Jan 19, 2009
I'm going to send you exploded view of the glove box and the in cabin micro filter cover illustration. Remove the two upper screws on the glove box and carefully pry metal clips loose.
Disconnect glove box lamp electrical connector. Do not let glove box assembly hang from glove box lamp harness.
Remove three lower screws and remove damper clip from glove box door. Separate glove box housing and passenger instrument lower panel.
Remove three screws and remove in cabin micro filter cover.
Remove in cabin micro filters from front heater and cooling unit assembly.
Note When installing two new in cabin micro filters ensure that the filters are facing in the direction indicated by the direction arrow for the airflow. Direction arrow is printed on side of in cabin micro filters.
Install in cabin micro filter cover. Reinstall glove box.
Posted on Oct 10, 2009
Testimonial: "Finaly I found the air flow door with three screws and removed it. The filter will need replacement soon. It is been replaced one time at the dealer."
it is located behind the glove box. the glove box has a compartment separator inside of it. you must pull up and out to remove it. the back of the glove box has a removable panel. remove it. the filter tray will have a cover over it with two snap clips or the fresh air circulator on the dash will have to be set to recirculate to open the cover for the filter.
Posted on Oct 10, 2009
Jim , you can change both the air and cabin air filters. There are a series off pop pins covering the air intake. If you depress the center button with a BIC pen tip and then lift at the side they will pop up. They are a plastic spring load so be gentle.
Underneath you will find the intake housing and filter. Cabin air filter should be behind the glove box area I
FYI , Lexus has a patented high volume oil filter. If you change your own , stcik with genuine for longer life, unless you are certain the aftermarket matches
Posted on Nov 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 01, 2016 | Lexus LS 460 Cars & Trucks
Sep 20, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 16, 2010 | 1999 Lexus Gs 300
Oct 10, 2009 | 2007 Lexus IS 250
Apr 26, 2009 | 2007 Lexus ES 350
Mar 16, 2009 | 2007 Lexus ES 350
Jul 08, 2008 | 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Minivan
300 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!