Question about 2004 Dodge Intrepid
2004 Intrepid when column shifter is in park: 1. Indicator shows Revers.
2. Transaxle not in park (car rolls)
3. I can take key out.
I initially thought it was a problem with neutral safety switch (because car wouldn't start); but, now the car will not engage in Park. I can shift thru all gears and I can start car in Neutral.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 18, 2015 | Pontiac Cars & Trucks
Jun 25, 2014 | 2004 Ford Explorer
Apr 08, 2014 | 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Sep 27, 2013 | 1984 Pontiac Bonneville
Jan 13, 2013 | 2004 Dodge Intrepid
Apr 20, 2011 | 2004 Chevrolet Impala
Feb 04, 2011 | Pontiac Aztek Cars & Trucks
Welcome to FixYa.com
1. Remove air cleaner and air intake hose assembly.
2. Remove center dash trim panel.
3. Remove center console cup holder assembly.
4. Remove floor console assembly.
5. Remove console side panels.
6. Remove Transmission Control Module ftMJ bracket.
1. Remove TCM.
8. Remove shifter cable from transaxle operating lever by removing nut and clip.
9. Remove shifter cable from shifter lever assembly by removing clip.
10. Remove shifter cable from shifter lever mechanism.
11. Remove cable from firewall grommet by removing grommet assembly nuts.
12. Remove gearshift cable from vehicle.
Lift and rotate the gearshift hand lever into the park (F9 gate position and remove the ignition
key. This confirms the shift lever is in the gated park (F9 position.
After confirming the park gate position. turn the ignition switch . If the starter will operate. the
park gate position is correct. Move the shift lever into the neutral (NJ position. If the starter
will operate in this position, the linkage is properly adjusted. If the starter fails to operate in
either position, linkage adjustment is required.
1. Park the vehicle on level ground and set the parking brake.
2. Place the gearshift lever in park (F9 gate position and remove key.
3. Loosen the cable adjustment screw at the transaxle operating lever.
4. Pull the transaxle operating lever fully forward to the park detent position.
5. Release the park brake, then rock the vehicle to assure it is in park lock. Reset the park
6. Tighten the cable adjustment screw to 8 Nm (10 inch Ibs.J. Gearshift cable should now be
1. Check adjustment by usinq the precedinq procedure.
Thank you for Using FixYa.com
Kind Regards, Lee
Your Master Technician FixYa Expert
Jan 31, 2011 | 1997 Chrysler Sebring
2000 Dodge Intrepid is equipped with an alarm system that is triggered
when unauthorized entry is attempted. In some situations, such as having
the Intrepid valet parked or when it is being serviced by a mechanic,
the alarm system needs to be disarmed so it doesn't go off. Disarming
the alarm will prevent it from being activated until it is armed again.
Difficulty: Moderate Instructions
Dec 10, 2010 | 2000 Dodge Intrepid
Jan 16, 2010 | 1999 Ford Expedition
823 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: