Question about Dodge Grand Caravan
Use a torch and heat them up. Or a very long breaker bar helps too
Posted on May 01, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
You will need appropriate spring compressor unless you plan to replace the whole assembly. Also, spring compressor is much easier with access to pneumatic tools. You may need a tie rod end seperator too. Here is the procedure straight from the manual. Reverse for assembly. It's worth noting the importance of marking with paint or scribing the spring placement as well as the big bolts at the base of assembly prior to removal as this can affect alignment.
1. Remove the nuts (1) and the bolt (4) attaching the top of the strut assembly ,(2) to the
2. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
3. Place jack stands under the front suspension support.
4. Lower the vehicle slightly so that the weight of the car rests on the jack stands and not the
5. Remove the tire and wheel assemblies. Refer to Wheel Removal in Tires and Wheels.
6. Remove the brake line bracket.
7. Scribe the strut flange. Refer to Strut and Knuckle Scribing .
8. Remove the bolts (3) attaching the strut to the steering knuckle.
Important: The steering knuckle must be supported in order to prevent over-extension of
the axle joint.
9. Remove the strut assembly from the vehicle.
10. Disassemble the strut.
May 28, 2014 | 1998 Pontiac Grand Am
Aug 13, 2013 | 1993 Toyota Camry V6
Aug 19, 2010 | 1999 Ford Windstar
Aug 13, 2010 | 2000 Ford Escort
Mar 28, 2010 | 1990 Honda Accord
Oct 30, 2009 | 2000 Lexus ES 300
Oct 20, 2009 | 1996 Geo Prizm
Apr 17, 2009 | 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Mar 14, 2009 | 1992 Ford Taurus
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: