Question about 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Trying to program a new remote keyless fob and the truck wont go into pairing mode. how can i get it into program mode
Use this procedure for New Body Style.
1. Close all doors
2. Insert key into ignition
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver's door panel, continue to hold down
until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in a fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine.)
6. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine.)
8. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
9. Release the power UNLOCK button on the door panel. The vehicle should respond by
door locks locking and unlocking automatically. (If locks do not cycle after you let go,
not before you let go of the unlock button, then the vehicle has not entered programming
mode and you must start procedure over. Remove key from ignition, open drivers door
and return to step 1 ). If the locks do cycle automatically then proceed to step 10.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote until the doors lock and
unlock. This may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional remote. (Including any existing remotes).
12. Turn the ignition to the ON position to exit the programming mode.
13. Test remote(s).
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2017 | 1999 Lincoln Town Car
Aug 26, 2016 | 2004 Toyota Celica
Oct 19, 2015 | 1996 Buick Roadmaster
Mar 18, 2014 | Mazda 6 Cars & Trucks
May 12, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 27, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Malibu
May 15, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Apr 19, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Dec 29, 2008 | Chevrolet Monte Carlo Cars & Trucks
932 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: