Question about 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Please, I'd like to know where bank 1 sensor 1, bank 1 sensor 2, bank 2 sensor 1, and bank 2 sensor 2 are on the 2004 jeep GC
Grand Cherokee oxygen sensor locations for 4.0
and 4.7 engines
Four wires (circuits) are used on each O2 sensor:
O2S Sensor removal Never apply any type of grease to the oxygen sensor electrical connector, or attempt any soldering of the sensor wiring harness.
WARNING: THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD, EXHAUST PIPES AND CATALYTIC CONVERTER(S) BECOME VERY HOT DURING ENGINE OPERATION. ALLOW ENGINE TO COOL BEFORE REMOVING OXYGEN SENSOR.
1. Raise and support vehicle.
2. Disconnect O2S pigtail harness from main wiring harness.
3. If equipped, disconnect sensor wire harness mounting clips from engine or body.
CAUTION: When disconnecting sensor electrical connector, do not pull directly on wire going into sensor.
4. Remove O2S sensor with an oxygen sensor removal and installation tool.
02S Sensor installation
Threads of new oxygen sensors are factory coated with anti-seize compound to aid in removal. DO NOT add any additional anti-seize compound to threads of a new oxygen sensor.
1. Install O2S sensor. Tighten to 22 ft. lbs. (30 N·m) torque.
2. Connect O2S sensor wire connector to main wiring harness.
3. If equipped, connect sensor wire harness mounting clips to engine or body. When Equipped: The O2S pigtail harness must be clipped and/or bolted back to their original positions on engine or body to prevent mechanical damage to wiring.
Hope thats help (remember comment and rated this).
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 19, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 08, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 09, 2015 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Sep 26, 2013 | 2004 Ford Taurus
Sep 21, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 13, 2011 | 2004 Mercury Mountaineer
Aug 11, 2010 | Dodge Durango Cars & Trucks
May 06, 2009 | 2001 Cadillac Catera
May 01, 2009 | 2001 Lexus Gs 300
1,296 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!