Question about 1999 Chevrolet Blazer
Replace the bulb,
1. Open the lift gate on the rear of your Blazer or drop it if you have the tail gate that folds down. Locate the screws on the inner edge of the lift gate frame. There are two screws--remove them with a Phillips screwdriver.
2. Slide the taillight assembly out of the rear of the truck, being careful to not break the locating tabs on the rear of the housing. Locate the bulb sockets on the rear of the taillight assembly.
3. Rotate the light bulb socket counterclockwise about a quarter turn to unlock it from the taillight assembly. Pull the socket straight out of the assembly with the bulb attached to it.
4. Remove the bulb from the socket by pulling it straight out of the socket. If you are removing the entire assembly from the truck, remove the remaining sockets from the rear of the taillight assembly, lay them aside and remove the assembly completely.
5. Reinstall everything in revers and don't for get to *** some grease to your socket before you place the new bulb in place and test the operation of the new bulb before you reinstall the tail light.
Thank you for using fixya and here is the bulb you need for the trail light.The 1999 Blazer uses a 3057 bulb available at most auto parts stores.
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 04, 2015 | 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Oct 06, 2017 | 1993 GMC Sierra
May 30, 2011 | 1999 Ford Escort
Aug 25, 2010 | 1995 Lincoln Town Car
Jan 31, 2010 | 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
Nov 22, 2009 | 1995 Chevrolet K1500
Mar 05, 2009 | 1994 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
Nov 03, 2008 | 1991 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
159 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: