Question about 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
TSB#05-06-02-012B: Service Engine Soon (SES) or Check Engine Light On, DTC P0480, P0526/P1481/P1484 Set (Replace Engine Cooling Fan Wiring Harness) - (Oct 19, 2006)
Service Engine Soon (SES) or Check Engine Light On, DTC P0480/P0526/P1481/P1484 Set (Replace Engine Cooling Fan Wiring Harness)
Some customers may comment that the Service Engine Soon (SES) or Check Engine light is illuminated. This condition may be intermittent and upon investigation, the technician may find either DTC P0480, P0526, P1481 or P1484 set.
This condition may be caused by the cooling fan harness chaffing against the plastic guide it routes through. This contact may damage the insulation of the wires enclosed in that harness.
Replace the engine cooling fan harness using the procedure listed below.
1. Remove the cooling fan. Refer to the Cooling Fan and Shroud Replacement procedure in the Engine Cooling sub-section of SI.
2. Place the cooling fan assembly on a bench.
Disconnect the harness electrical connector from the cooling fan clutch.
3. Remove the harness from the plastic guide while feeding the wires out of the slot.
4. Before installing the new harness, wrap the affected area on the wires with electrical tape to keep the protective sleeve in place. Be sure to keep the tape approximately 25 mm (1 in) away from the connector so the wires can be fed into the slot.
5. Feed the wires into the slot and install the harness to the plastic guide.
6. Connect the harness electrical connector to the cooling fan clutch.
7. Install the cooling fan. Refer to the Cooling Fan and Shroud Replacement procedure in the Engine Cooling sub-section of SI.
Part Number 89024920
Harness Assembly, Engine Cooling Fan Wiring
Thank you for using fixya.
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 04, 2012 | 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Jul 07, 2011 | 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Feb 06, 2011 | 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer Ext
Jul 09, 2010 | 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Apr 15, 2010 | 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Oct 03, 2009 | Chevrolet TrailBlazer Cars & Trucks
Aug 11, 2009 | 2003 GMC Envoy
Dec 18, 2008 | 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
2,825 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: