Question about 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
00 + GM
1. Rotate the key to the start position to attempt to start the vehicle (the vehicle will not start). Allow the key to return to the on position. (same as if the vehicle would have started)
2. The theft system light will flash (or stay lit) on the dash for approximately 10 minutes.
3. When the theft system telltale stops flashing (or turns off) turn the key to the off position for 5 seconds and then attempt to start the vehicle.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes.
5. On the next cycle of turning the ignition key from off to crank the vehicle should start
6. Once the vehicle is running, the password is learned and this completes the cycle.
7. Clear any DTC's with a scan tool if necessary. DTC history will be cleared after 100 ignition cycles.
Try resetting your passlock system by following the instructions above.
Thank you for suing fixya and keep me posted, be glad to help you get your car running again.
Posted on Apr 27, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2016 | 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora
Jan 21, 2016 | Oldsmobile Cars & Trucks
Dec 25, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 06, 2011 | 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
Sep 11, 2010 | 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
Mar 05, 2010 | 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
Jan 19, 2010 | 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
347 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: