Question about 2002 Isuzu Trooper
No...You do not have to remove the engine to remove the oil pan.
Here is a list of things that will have to be removed to get the oil pan off...
1) Measue the hight of the vehicle of the front end, at the wheel opening (center)
2) Raise vehicle and insert two have duty jack stands on frame just behide the front bumper.
3) Remove front wheels,remove the tension load of torsion bars( just the tension do not remove torsion bars)
4) Remove all steering linkage, center link, Idler arm and bracket, and outer tie rods as a complete assembly.
5) Remove frame cross member,and cover right behide oil pan.
6) Remove the four bolts that hold the front axle to the frame. Note: stick a floor jack under the front axle before removing the bolts.
7) Remove the oil and the lower oil pan or oil sump.
8) Remove all the upper pan retaining bolts.
don't forget the bell housing bolts at the bottom that bolt to oil pan. and any other ten milimeter bolts you see that are bolted to the pan itself.
9) The oil pan is on the floor by now... if you are going after an engine knock,check rod bearing #1 first chances are that is the one giving you the knocking noise...
FINAL AND MOST IMPORTANT NOTE: I HAVE BEEN A MASTER TECHNITION FOR A LONG TIME... THE DIRECTIONS ABOVE ARE NOT FOR A NOVICE.. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.. WITH THAT OUT OF THE WAY... HOPE THIS POST HELP SOME ONE...
Posted on Dec 04, 2011
Yes, you need to pull the engine to remove the oil pan. This requires that you remove the propeller shafts and the third cross member to slide the transmission toward the rear of the vehicle. I suggest you purchase a service manual before you start this process. More than likely the rod bearing for cylinder 1 has failed. This seems to be a common problem with later model 3.5L Trooper engines because the oil pump and oil gallery do not deliver oil as efficiently to the number 1 rod bearing.
Posted on Sep 03, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 25, 2016 | 2002 Isuzu Trooper
Oct 30, 2015 | Isuzu Rodeo Cars & Trucks
Sep 27, 2014 | 1990 Isuzu Trooper
Aug 01, 2010 | 1995 Isuzu Trooper
Mar 25, 2010 | 2000 Isuzu Trooper
Nov 01, 2009 | 1994 Isuzu Trooper
Jun 30, 2009 | 1992 Isuzu Trooper
Jan 28, 2009 | 1998 Isuzu Trooper
Jun 14, 2017 | 1998 Isuzu Trooper
Nov 19, 2008 | 1992 Isuzu Trooper
558 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: