Question about 2001 Hyundai Accent
My girlfriend has a problem with her 2001 Hyundai Accent GS. Manual transmission.
Theres errror code: P0102
But the MAF was replaced 1.5 years ago.
It only starts about 70% of the time. The other 30% of the time, it will turnover but not start.
When it does start, it has no problem idling although I think it idles too low. About 900 RPM. When you try to drive it, or give it more gas then 1600 RPM, the car will stall. So you can't even pull off. It is sometimes possible to catch the stall by accelerating hard, but it does not always work. If you pulse the gas pedal, you can actually drive, but it stumbles/shudders. You could barely call it driving but the car will move a distance.
After cleaning the MAF, replacing the fuel pump and fuel filter today I tried to drive it again. Same issue. While driving, the car was trying to stall, so I floored the gas pedal. The car would accelerate to 1600, but slowly, as if I were accelerating normally but the pedal would be to the ground. When it reached 1600, it would quickly drop to 1000, where it would accelerate back up to 1600. This would repeat over and over, the whole time the pedal was firmly on the ground.
When the car stalls, I can hear the fuel pump still pumping so I can officially rule that out.
There is quite a bit of liquid coming out the exhaust. Not sure if that's related.
Please, please please help.
More info here:
Sounds stupid but the last time something like this happened it was a loose ht lead....but im sure you checked that already.
idle should be 850/900
liquid is only condensate in rear box
have you looked for an air leak in the pipe from the inlet to the brake servo?
Posted on Apr 27, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks for the info. Right now more and more it's looking to be the MAF that's busted."
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 26, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 16, 2015 | Hyundai Cars & Trucks
Sep 16, 2012 | 2001 Hyundai Accent
Jun 19, 2011 | 2001 Hyundai Accent
Mar 12, 2011 | 2001 Hyundai Accent
May 17, 2010 | 2001 Hyundai Accent
Oct 04, 2009 | Hyundai Accent Cars & Trucks
Jan 25, 2009 | 2001 Hyundai Accent
621 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!