Question about Subaru Legacy

1 Answer

Hi, Just had a solution from MustGo which was excellent, wanted to ask something else but ended thread in error! Can't get the reversing (or back-up) light to work on my Subaru Legacy GT estate 1995. Checked fuses, bulb holder, bulbs etc but no good. MustGo told about the switch to check but where is it, how do I find it??? Side/top/bottom of gear-box??? help!! Thanks!

Posted by on

  • Paul T Apr 25, 2010

    Thank you thats great, fast useful advise, this site rocks!



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Subaru Master
  • 2,030 Answers

It is on the drivers side of the gearbox

Posted on Apr 25, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Pass driver outter tire rod needs to be replace. how to do it?

You can do this with the wheel on but it's easier with the wheel off. First, break the locknut free - that's the big nut that jams up against the outer tierod. NOTE: After you break this free, thread it back to where it just touches the tierod end. Check the threads, though - depending on what side you're doing it may be reverse (lefthand) thread. then, pull the cotter pin (if equipped) on the end that goes through the knuckle and remove the nut. Take a big hammer (24 ounce ball peen or small sledge) and smash the knuckle where the tierod goes in until you see it bounce/break free. Tap it up through the knuckle and thread it off. Check the lengths by putting old side-by-side with new - measure from the CENTRE of the head/ball joint portion to the end. If they look EXACTLY the same, thread new one on to meet lock nut. IF THEY ARE DIFFERENT LENGTHS: measure the difference and then back off/move forward the lock nut that exact measurement. If you do not, then you will need to go for an alignment afterward. Doing an alignment after is recommended anyway, but seeing as how you want to do this at home I expect you'd like to save yourself that additional cost or you'd've gone to a shop to begin with, right? Don't forget to tighten the locknut back up to the tierod end. You may need to grip the inner tierod if it wants to spin on you - most have a spot for a wrench but vice grips or parrot jaws often work better.

Sep 06, 2011 | Buick Century Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How to replace CV joint

jack up vehicle, remove wheel, remove split pin from hub nut, remove nut, remove lower ball joint nut & separate ball joint, lever lower arm down, pull hub forward while pushing cv joint in wards through hub, remove cv gaiter clips and slide back on shaft, hold shaft firmly and knock cv joint off with hammer, pack new joint with grease, and place on shaft with nut on threads carefully knock on with hammer, re-fit parts in reverse order

Apr 24, 2010 | 1999 Hyundai Accent

1 Answer

Hi there i have a problem with my 1996 nissan primera automatic my reverse lights are not going the bulbs arent blown checked all fuses in car and under bonnet none are blown is there a switch or fuse...

in every transmission there is a reverse light switch, located on the tranny itself. it looks like an oil pressure switch, sorta threaded plug with a wide outside end with terminals for the wires. you may havta replace that.

Dec 28, 2009 | 1996 Nissan Sentra

2 Answers

1997 GMC Jimmy, Won't go into reverse,but all other gears work,ok.

Check the automatic transmission fluid color.

It should be lite pink and there is ZERO odor of burn friction material.

TOP OFF is it's low on ATF


Have some one the check on the reverse light when you put the truck into the reverse gear.

NO reverse lights then the neutral safety is falling.


Check for free play on the gear lever. Pay close attention on the transmission end.

USE clear to remove excess dirt.


Inspect transmission pan and the floor for ATF leak.


Please rate my answer if it's helpful to you.



Dec 13, 2009 | 1997 GMC Jimmy

1 Answer

How do I change the alternator belt in my 1999 Excel (list did not have the year)?

hi mate,your problem is fairly easy to fix-----remove the plastic under tray on the drivers side,from underneath, undo the main alternator bolt,just enough to move the alternator, now from the top undo the belt tension adjustment locking bolt,then back off the tension adjuster itself until the alternator belt is loose and can slip off the pulleys-----fitting your new belt is the reverse to this. all the best.

May 21, 2009 | 1994 Hyundai Excel

1 Answer

Tie rod end removal for 1995 plymouth voyager mach 3

Not too much to it, Crack jamb nut loose at threaded end where it threads onto. Pop/whack, it out of spindle/knuckle, after removing cotter pin & nut, thread it out, and new one on, same distance, or amount of threads, and tighten jamb nut against it. Push end back into spindle/knuckle, give light tap with nylon or rubber hammer, so it won't spin when trying to tighten nut & install nut (35 ft.lbs) & cotter pin.

Mar 07, 2009 | 1995 Plymouth Voyager

1 Answer

Rear ends locks when in reverse

Yes, it definitly sounds like a fluid problem. However, did you know that there are different weights of rear end lube for different rear ends? I would advice going to the dealership and asking what weight they show for your rear end. You need to first copy the tag # off the rear end so that they can be sure which one you have.

Nov 23, 2008 | 1995 Chevrolet Tahoe

1 Answer

Hyundai Excel Sprint 91 Hatch

you can do it...its pretty simple.ask your parts store for the air filter for the can and then ask them to show you how to put it in they will usually do it for you at no cost to you.

Aug 15, 2008 | 1991 Hyundai Excel 4 Door

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

33 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Subaru Experts


Level 3 Expert

78919 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Brandon Johnson
Brandon Johnson

Level 2 Expert

251 Answers

Are you a Subaru Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides