Question about Jaguar S-Type
To enable or disable the seat belt warning chime on your 2005 Jaguar Type S
1. Ensure the front passenger seat is unoccupied.
Steps two to five must be completed within 60 seconds.
2. Turn the ignition to the RUN position (do not start the engine).
3. Buckle the driver safety belt buckle and wait until the seat belt warning lamp extinguishes.
4. Unbuckle the driver safety belt buckle and wait until the seat belt warning lamp illuminates.
5. Repeat Steps three and four a further eight times.
6. When the driver safety belt buckle is unbuckled for the ninth time a single chime will be heard. The single chime is acknowledgement that the beltminder feature has been disabled.
The beltminder feature will be disabled until the above process (Steps one to six) are repeated. Upon repeating the process the beltminder feature will be reactivated
Posted on Apr 25, 2010
This can't be disabled as such you can only bypass it. If it is still going off when your seatbelt is in then you have to get the belt buckle swicth replaced. There are no fuse's you can pull out to switch it of.
There is a relay which you can pull out which should be under the bonnet fuse box, it should read either of the following, S/Belt or S/B relay on the underside of the relay/fusebox lid.
Pull this out and it should stop.
Let me know if you need further information.
Posted on Apr 26, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 04, 2015 | 2002 Jaguar X-Type
Mar 26, 2011 | 2005 Jaguar S-Type
Jun 15, 2010 | 2004 Ford F150
Oct 28, 2009 | 2005 Ford Escape
Aug 06, 2009 | 2005 Jaguar S-Type
Jun 09, 2009 | 2003 Jaguar S-Type
May 08, 2009 | 2005 Ford F-150
Apr 21, 2009 | 1997 Mercury Sable
Jan 13, 2009 | 2004 Ford Explorer
700 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: