Question about 1998 Dodge Neon
On a dodge neon the fuel pump is in the SIDE of the tank... NOT the top. to remove the pump follow these steps...
******* first unplug battery and remove ********
1. unbolt passenger side tank strap and lower side of tank.
2. a. if tank is plastic, CAREFULLY unscrew plastic retainer ring but do NOT remove.
b. if metal tank, unscrew metal retainer flange but do NOT remove
3. unplug electrical connector and fuel line from pump. move aside.
4. completely remove retainer BE CAREFUL not to disturb pump.
5. have drain pan or wide-shallow bucket available to collect gas. (if tank is full this will need to be able to hold 7-8 gallons)
6. gently twist and pull pump out till gas comes fourth. catch gas in pan/bucket.
7. remove pump when gas stops flowing.
8. install is reverse of removal.
9 BE CAREFUL not to wrinkle gasket or lose gasket into tank when installing or the tank will leak around pump.
10. tighten retainer but DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN.
11. reconnect plug and fuel lines check for leaks.
12. reattach tank strap and fasten
13. refill tank with clean gas. check for leaks.
14. put battery back in. connect battery, start your neon and check for leaks one last time.
15, have fun. this will take about 4hrs to do by yourself with proper tools.
Posted on May 06, 2010
You'll need to vent your fuel pressure by opening the fuel cap and then remove the bolts holding the fuel tank in place, then lower tank and the fuel pump will be recessed in the top of the tank be careful not to damage any wiring during this process.
Posted on Apr 25, 2010
It's in the gas tank.
Posted on Apr 24, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 30, 2012 | 2001 Dodge Neon
Jun 24, 2012 | 1995 Dodge Neon
Nov 28, 2010 | 1999 Dodge Ram
Nov 15, 2010 | 1998 Dodge Neon
Aug 30, 2009 | 1998 Dodge Neon
Jul 13, 2009 | 1995 Dodge Neon
Mar 22, 2017 | 1998 Dodge Neon
887 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: