Question about 2006 Ford Explorer
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: replace headlight
Review this guide...
Fig. 1: Examples of various types of automotive light bulbs
Fig. 2: Exploded view of the front headlight assembly and related components
Fig. 3: If equipped, open the headlight access panel by sliding the latch and lifting the panel upwards
Fig. 4: Exploded view of the headlight bulb, retainer and wire harness plug
- Open the vehicle's hood and secure it in an upright position
- If necessary, open the bulb access panel by depressing the latch then lifting.
Fig. 5: To remove the bulb, grasp the retainer and rotate it counterclockwise to unlock it ...
Fig. 6: ... then withdraw the bulb from the headlight lens housing
- Unfasten the locking ring which secures the bulb and wire harness plug assembly, then withdraw the assembly rearward.
- Disconnect the electrical wire harness plug from the bulb and remove the locking ring as well.
Fig. 7: Unplug the wire harness from the bulb and either slide the retainer over the plug, or remove it from the bulb
- Before connecting a light bulb to the wire harness plug, ensure that all electrical contact surfaces are free of corrosion or dirt.
- Install the locking ring onto the bulb, then line up the replacement headlight bulb with the harness plug. Firmly push the bulb onto the plug until the spring clip latches over the bulb's projection.
Do not touch the glass bulb with your fingers. Oil from your fingers can severely shorten the life of the bulb. If necessary, wipe off any dirt or oil from the bulb with rubbing alcohol before completing installation.
- Position the headlight bulb and secure it with the locking ring.
- To ensure that the replacement bulb functions properly, activate the applicable switch to illuminate the bulb which was just replaced. (If this is a combination low and high beam bulb, be sure to check both intensities.) If the replacement light bulb does not illuminate, either it too is faulty or there is a problem in the bulb circuit or switch. Correct if necessary.
- Close the bulb access panel and the vehicle's hood.
Good luck... and remember rated my help!
Posted on Aug 07, 2009
YOU CAN TAKE VECHICLE TO GARAGE OR YOU CAN BUY THE HAYNES REPAIR MANUAL. IT WILL SHOW AND TELL YOU HOW TO ADJUST HEAD LIGHTS.
Posted on Nov 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 09, 2018 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Mar 04, 2016 | 2006 Ford Explorer XLT
Jan 11, 2016 | 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Jan 10, 2016 | 2001 Ford Explorer Sport
Feb 08, 2012 | 2006 Ford Explorer
Apr 10, 2010 | 2003 Ford Explorer
Oct 06, 2009 | 1998 Ford Explorer
Nov 15, 2008 | 2003 Ford Explorer
May 15, 2008 | 2006 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
206 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!