Question about 2002 Cadillac Escalade
Hi i take it your question is regarding what kind of things to check and service so that your car is going to make the journey. follow this list for things you should check to ensure its running its best and going to keep running at its best.
1. check all levels such as coolant,oil,power steering fluid,brake fluid,washer bottle. ensure all are topped up to their maximum.
2. check tyres for signs of ware or anything sticking in them like nails then check tyre pressures are correct doing this will ensure you not using more fuel than you need to.
3. if your air filter has not been changed in last 6 months then it would be best to get this changed.
4. check all lights are working correctly.
5. jack the front wheels off the floor and put the car on alxe stands then put a crowbar under each tyre and lift the tyre up and down using the bar and see if their is any play, you may need someone to do this for you so that you can get underneath and check the ball joints for execive play their should be slight play but not loads if you notice a lot of play then look at the ball joints and see witch one has to much play and get replaced if needed.
6. you need to get this rear pinion seal replace to ensure its not leaking and this could cause problems with lack of lubricant.
7. check the front brake disks for any grooves cut into them and also look at the pads and see if they are low or not if they are low then it may be worth getting the brakes replaced.
other than those few items you should have no problems just make sure all the top ups are done and tyres checked it may also be worth buying a fuel line cleaner you can buy this from most filling station or car spares shops, what it is a small bottle of fluid that you pour into the tank just make sure you buy correct type ie petrol or diesel a good brand is called Red X using this product will ensure you whole fuel system is clean and free from any contaminents this also ensures your engine is running at its best and it also improves mpg so it saves you money in the long term.
let me know if you need further assistance ok.
Posted on Apr 23, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 24, 2014 | 2002 Cadillac Escalade
Sep 09, 2014 | 2009 Cadillac Escalade
May 11, 2011 | 2002 Cadillac Escalade Ext
Nov 15, 2010 | 2002 Cadillac Deville
Oct 02, 2010 | 2002 Cadillac Escalade Ext
Jan 26, 2010 | 2001 Ford Windstar
Sep 21, 2009 | 2002 Cadillac Escalade
May 17, 2009 | 2007 Cadillac Escalade Two-Wheel Drive
Feb 14, 2009 | 2002 Cadillac Escalade
Jan 21, 2009 | 2002 Cadillac Escalade Ext
Feb 29, 2016 | 2002 Cadillac Escalade
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!