Question about 1998 Ford Contour
This is not a trivial task. You will have to go through the right wheel well.
1. Disconnect the negative battery terminal and isolate it so that it does not come into contact with the battery.
2. Remove the air intake resonator using a hand wrench or ratchet and socket.
3. Remove the air cleaner tube and the mass airflow sensor.
4. Reach down to the alternator and disconnect the plugs and connectors from the alternator.
5. Jack the front of the car. Put jack stands in to support it. Remove the wheel.
6. Remove the wheel well splash shield assembly to gain access to the alternator using a screwdriver to remove the retaining clips.
7. Using a square drive in the tensioner pulley arm to remove tension from the serpentine belt. Remove the belt from the alternator pulley only; you do not need to remove the entire belt.
8. Remove the alternator mounting bracket and lower bolts.
9. Remove the retaining bolt and nut from the power steering hose bracket, then remove the bracket from the engine lifting eye.
10. Remove the upper alternator bolt, then remove the alternator. To replace, reverse the procedure.
Posted on Dec 04, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 07, 2015 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Jan 22, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 29, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 28, 2011 | 1998 Ford Contour
Feb 28, 2010 | 1998 Ford Contour
Feb 23, 2009 | 1998 Ford Contour
Jan 19, 2009 | 1998 Ford Contour
418 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: